Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas (1999)

Rating: 70%
Well my family had this movie when I was a kid so sooner than later I would want to see the movie again after so many years. And while it's been a couple of weeks since Christmas I figured better late than never with watching and review this film.

Plot: This is a package film containing three stories.

Stuck on Christmas: Huey, Dewey and Louie, enjoy a wonderful Christmas day. So when it was over, they began to wish on the wishing star that it was Christmas everyday.

A Very Goofy Christmas: Goofy's son Max begins to doubt that Santa Claus is real after talking about him to their next-door neighbor Pete.

Mickey and Minnie's The Gift of the Magi: Based on the actual story "The Gift of the Magi", the story is about how Mickey attempt to get Minnie a chain for her watch while Minnie tries to give Mickey a Case for his harmonica all on Christmas Eve.


Now this movie isn't be best direct-to-video movie that Disney has, but in my opinion it's a good enough movie for kids like me from back when I had it to enjoy.

Characters:
Donald: Donald was funny as usual.
Goofy: He was funny too. I didn't notice until now how it's kinda cute that he always calls Santa "Santy"
Max: I don't know why, but I kinda always like Max. I guess as a kid I was able to relate more even if he was a teenager like in A Goofy Movie.
Mickey: I thought Micky was good too.

Music: A lot of the music was just reciting Christmas Carols. Although personally I liked the version of "Deck The Halls" from SHEDAISY. I just think it's a pretty fun way to sing the song. And as cheesy as the music video is, I actually find it pretty cute.

And that's my review for Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas. It's not much, but to me it's a nice Christmas kids film to enjoy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment