Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas (2002)

Rating:70%
Yeah I know, it's been a couple of weeks since Christmas, but this film along with the one I'm going to review next too a while to finally be ready for me at the library. So here's It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie

Plot: The Muppet's banker recently dies leaving his job to his very greedy wife, Rachael Bitterman. While her husband agreed to extend the Muppet's contract, Mrs. Bitterman takes advantage of the fact that he really didn't and so threatens The Muppets to pay her or she will foreclose their theater. So the Muppets attempt to keep their theater by attempting to make a very huge Christmas show.

It's an okay movie. If anything, it's enough that it's The Muppets. I mean you just have to love how they spoofed Moulin Rouge, Steve Irwin (The Lord rest his soul) came in being the crocodile hunter, there were actual Whos who were very pissed of at the Grinch, I like that. And I like their choice of guest stars like David Arquette and the cast of Scrubs (that was cool). The downs that I have to this movie was that it was roughly the same plot as the latest movie, and that I didn't entirely care for the climax to pretty much be It's a Wonderful Life. But that doesn't make it any less of a decent movie.

Actors/Characters:
The Muppets: They're awesome...i mean they're The Muppets so duh.
Joan Cusack/Rachael Bitterman: She was an okay villain. It's really the end that was bad about the character, it was a little carried away. I'm sure it works for kids and maybe adults and that's fine, but still.

Music: I thought it was nice.

And that's my review for It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas. It's not the best The Muppets have but it's enough that it's The Muppets in the positive sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment