Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (1937)

Rating: 90%
Now we only have two Disney films left. This movie and Atlantis: The Lost Empire. And I"m down to only having three more reviews to make before I reach a total of 200 reviews. Now there's another film that I'm going to review after this one as review # 199 but before that, let's get into the one film that started it all. Here's Disney review # 50: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Plot: Snow White is princess who lives with her evil stepmother, The Queen who makes her a scullery maid for the castle. One day, The Queen asked her magic mirror who is the fairest one of all and the mirror tells he that it is Snow White. So she orders a huntsman to kill her but the huntsman can't bring himself to do it and instead warns Snow White to run away where she finds these little critters that take her to a cottage. The Cottage belongs to seven dwarfs who agree to let Snow White stay in exchange for her to clean the house and cook.

Now one thing I gotta say right now is that as I watched this film, I could only help but wonder what's in store with that Snow White and the Huntsman movie with Kristen Stewart. But anyway, this is a very likable movie. It's been a very good way for Disney to start making movies that are colorful, happy, dark musical, comedic and so much more.

Characters:
Snow White: She's a nice character but a little in between in terms of what's considered Disney's best and worst princesses. She's not the best but really I don't think he could've expected too much on Disney character wise with Princesses as far goes as the very first movie. Practice makes perfect and she was only the beginning.
The Dwarfs: The Dwarfs were the best. They were funny, they each had their own crazy personality, they're just good characters. I'm pretty sure as a kid I thought Doc was my favorite just because he was the leader of the group. Dopey was especially funny with all the silly stuff that kept happening to him. Grumpy I also like but...I'm not sure I can explain why. I guess it's just how he stands out to the rest of the Dwarfs.
The Queen: Well she is not the best villain there is but for sure, she was pretty evil for the movies time. She was so determined to be the fairest of the land and she even wanted Snow White's heart to know that she is the fairest in the land. All around, very good villain.


Music: The music is excellent. I admit I'm not too big on "One Song" or "With a Smile and a Song", But I love the rest. "Whistle while You Work" is fun, "Heigh-Ho" you just want to sing again and again and again, and "The Dwarfs Yodeling song" and "Some day my prince will come" were nice too.


 And that's my review for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Stick around today to keep a good eye for the next review along with Atlantis: The Lost Empire as my 200th review.

No comments:

Post a Comment