Monday, January 16, 2012

The Muppets Take Manhattan (1984)

Rating: 30%
I borrowed this movie ages ago and I had yet to review it. so here's another one of the Muppet's films: The Muppets Take Manhattan.

Plot: The Muppets graduate from college with their musical production, Manhattan Melodies. They become confident enough that they decide to try to actually go to Manhattan and try to get their show on Broadway. They find no success at all and so everyone except Kermit leaves to find their own jobs all over the United States. Kermit ends up working at a diner in New York for it's owner Pete and his daughter Jenny while he tries to work on the script for the show.

There are no sections for characters and music for this reviewbecause the fact of the matter is, all I generally have to say is that I really did not like this movie at all. The whole thing about The Muppets being disbanded and the way things worked out just was not very entertaining for me in anyway whatsoever. Most of the time it was just Kermit and Jenny trying to promote the show while Kermit tries to encourage Jenny to try to become a fashion designer. And they did have a little bit of Miss Piggy along the way but there was nothing really special about that. I don't remember a single thing about the music so I think it's a safe bet that the music is not worth it. The only things I really enjoyed were the ten ish seconds of some of the characters from Sesame Street being in this film. But it's really boring aside from that.

And that's my review for The Muppet's Take Manhattan. I know I'm being very general about what I thought about the film, but to me there's nothing else to really say except that if you want to see movie anyway just because it's The Muppets, that's fine, just don't expect it to be one of their very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment