Thursday, August 11, 2011

Citizen Kane (1941)

My rating:100%

I remember seeing the beginning to this film at and intro to media class over a year ago. And eventually afterwords, I started to hear more about how much Citizen Kane is a classic. So I have recently seen it, and i Really enjoyed it.

Plot:Charles Kane, an enormously wealthy Media proprietor is dead. He died holding a snow globe and whispering "Rosebud" and newsreel reporter Jerry Thompson is assigned to talk to everyone he knows that is still alive to find out what is the meaning of the word Rosebud.

This is a very interesting film. I find the story a little unique with an interesting mystery. The character, Charles Kane, was very interesting. That's all I can say about it without saying anything else that might spoil it.

Acting/Characters:
Orson Welles/Charles Kane: Now this film was slightly interesting already knowing that it had Orson Welles upon learning that he's a big actor and that The Transformers:The Movie was his last film when i was watching that particular film. I was more surprised as I watched that film that he also directed this. anyway, like I said, This is a very unique character. And you do have to pity him in the end. but you especially like how he changes after childhood.
Dorothy Comingore/Susan Alexander Kane:You really have to pity her. How he kind forces her to sing and how you have to like that she is free.
Really everyone else is better to find out for yourself. with what they go through because to Kane. especially his guardian and his best friend.

Music: It was fairly big. especially when it came to what we find in the very end.

Editing: I liked the editing. mostly on how after Kane died, it then moves on to this big video the news guys are watching that just gives us a big general view on Kane's life before we find out more throughout the film. I also liked the shot that shows what was the answer to that big secret.

And that is my review for Citizen Kane. It's a very interesting film and I hope those of you who haven't seen it, will be able to someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment