Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin (1997)

My Rating: 90%

Well everyone, while i'm still on my Disney quest, for a bunch of reasons, i've decided to put the Marlon Brando quest on hold for a long while, and while continuing, on the Disney one, work on finally seeing a lot of classical films I have yet to see along with a few other films. So let's start with a Winnie the Pooh movie I watched when I was getting ready to see the new film. This film I use to watch at my grandparents' house all the time when i visited them when I was only around between 6-9 years old. So without further ado, Pooh's Grand Adventure:The Search for Christopher Robin.

Plot: After a very happy day of hanging out with Christopher Robin, Pooh wakes up the next day to the first day of autumn. But while he starts to fall into a pile of leaves, he finds a honey pot with a note on it and can't read it. He goes to find Christopher Robin to translate for it only to find out he is gone. He comes to Owl to translate it along with Piglet, Tigger, Rabbit and Eeyore. Owl reads the note and says that it's from Christopher Robin saying that he's gone far away and that he's gone to a dangerous place called Skull. So Owl makes a map and sends him on a quest to find Christopher Robin in Skull and rescue him from the Skullasaurus.

I think this is a very exciting and fun movie. it might've been years since I last saw it until before I saw the new movie, but I still like it. the troubling things is what other people actually thought of it when it was out. people thought it was way to scary for children just because involves scary Skullasaurus growls, falling down the long gorge, and the creepy skull cave that all are way to scary for little children. I do see the logic to at least the cave, but the rest is disagree entirely. I mean, to be fair, it's mostly because I didn't find it scary at all when I was little. primarily because I thought it just Winnie the Pooh. There has been plenty of times where Pooh and his friends once go on an adventure to some place dark and supposedly dangerous. This film may have gotten farther at that concept with Winnie the Pooh, but I don't think it really went that far. I mean the growls weren't much, the cave makes a little bit of sense with it being supposedly scary, but not by much, and they actually had some cartoon humor with falling down the long gorge. *WARNING: THIS IS A SPOILER* I mean what was happening was that everyone was close to falling to the point where rabbit is holding on to Eeyore's tail so that they all don't fall while Eeyore is holding on to a branch with his mouth. but then his tail is being yanked more so the grunts something. Tigger says "what's donkey boy saying?" so Eeyore lets go so he could say "I said ouch." and then he look at the audience with his eyes widened realizing what he just did then everyone falls. that may be more Looney Toon funny but my siblings and I still found that funny. So honestly, I thought it was too WInnie the Pooh like to be scary then just as much as I so now. I mean if I actually wanted to be scared back then, i'd hope for my parents to sorta make us to see Godzilla again. (Yes the one in the late 90s. I know it's bad, but I didn't think that that. I mean come on, I was fricking 7. In fact I want to see it settle the score again the, then scary day that I saw it.)And I even found it funny seeing it again after 12-13 ish years. I"m not saying the movie is perfect for all young children, but i still think that what people thought of this film is still saying much. Plus the adventure was somewhat more interesting on how it challenged the strength and weaknesses of the characters, especially Piglet.


Characters:
Winnie the Pooh: What's to say? he's Pooh. other than that, I do think this was quite the film to show how he's a bear of very little brain concerning how hard he tried to remember what Christopher Robin told him.
Tigger: he's fricken Tigger. But I didn't like that this movie downgraded his bouncing ability. even in his big moment during the end, he was a bit downgraded even though he did reach his goal.
Piglet: I liked how he was starting to become a little brave in this film.
Eeyore: What's to say? he's Eeyore, and Peter Cullen is doing his voice.
Owl: I found him a bit weird after seeing this film. when I started seeing this film, I started wondering why he didn't join everyone else, and his case wasn't helped when he kept saying that he wanted to go. But what does he say when Pooh asks him to join? "oh no thank you, you go on ahead." What the heck?
Rabbit: he's Rabbit. but I didn't really like his song.


Music: eh, it's nothing special. like I said, I didn't like Rabbit's song, every other song was just...nice.


And that is my review for Pooh's Grand Adventure:The Search for Christopher Robin. It may not be the best Pooh has to offer, but I do not think it should've been as rated as it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment