Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Avengers (2012)

Rating: 95%
OH MY GOSH THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES I'VE SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!!! IT WAS SPECTACULAR!!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!!! WONDERFUL ACTION!!!!! EXCELLENT SET OF COMEDY!!!!!! ACTING WAS INCREDIBLE!!!! JUST BEAUTIFULLY PUT TOGETHER!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I LOVE IT!!! I  LO- (we interrupt the intro because the shouting goes on for quite a while. so let's move on to the next section of the review.


Plot: Nick Fury, director of S.H.I.E.L.D., tries to harness the energy of the Tesseract. They manage to open a portal with it and Loki exits through it. He takes the cube and controls some of the people in the lav including Hawkeye and Dr.Selvig and leaves. So Fury decides to round up Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow and Dr. Bruce Banner a.k.a. The Hulk to try to find the Tesseract and stop Loki from using it to bring an army of Chitauri.

Oh my gosh I freaking LOVE this movie. Now to be fair, the plot is not entirely original, but what they gave us was excellent enough. I love the character development no matter how big or small they did with anyone from The Avengers or from S.H.I.E.L.D. I also enjoyed how it had a lot of drama, but also a fair big of sad scenes and little bits of romance and LOTS of comedy that was just hilarious. My only really big problems are *WARNING SPOILERS* Is how Thor came out of nowhere in the movie without explaining how he got from Asgard to there. Plus I thought it was a little predictable over the whole deal of temporarily capturing Loki. *END OF SPOILERS* The action however was exactly what it should be. I mean practically every single exciting thing that happened was exactly the way it was suppose to be with any of the heroes and it became bigger and bigger right up to the last hour...really they made it exactly as The Avengers should be. I mean they give us a general idea with all five movies that lead up to this, but this movie worked beautifully with the action just as much as everything else to bring the world of The Avengers - heck - the world of Marvel to life.

Actors/Characters:
Chris Evans/Captain America: Evans did a perfect job with being the cap. I mean this film really worked for him in terms of showing how Captain America can be a leader and very focused on the mission. Yet show how he is still not yet up to speed with the modern world. I loved every moment with Evans as Captain America.
Robert Downey Jr/Iron Man: He may not been partying or anything like that Tony Stark style, but he was still crazy as heck Tony Stark style. But along with that we mostly had his serious side which was very enjoyable and I really loved what little they showed us with his relationship with Pepper.
Mark Ruffalo/Hulk: Now like everyone else, I was skeptical at first with this guy becoming Bruce Banner a.k.a. The Hulk. Because we seemed to be just fine with Hulk with Edward Norton. Now how did Ruffalo do? He did alright. Nothing spectacular, but he just did what he was suppose to do, which is fair on him part because being Hulk can be pretty straight forward.
Chris Hemsworth/Thor: Not much to say. He was Thor, just the way we know him from the actual movie Thor
Scarlett Johansson/Black Widow: Same deal as she was in Iron Man 2. Just a total bad-a and stuff like that. But along with it, we get a touch of her personal life which wasn't much but who knows.
Jeremy Renner/Hawkeye: The one down that I have with the character development is how they didn't really touch on Hawkeye too much. Part of it is understandable, but altogether, I would like to get to know him more.
Clark Gregg/Agent Phil Coulson: He was just the way he was in the films that was building up to this film, just funnier.
Cobie Smulders/Maria Hill: *voicing as older ted from How I Met Your Mother* Kids, it was the summer of 2012 when your Aunt Robin decided to join the Avengers. Yeah let the record show that, that is not my own joke, but I felt that it had to be used for this review. But anyway, I found it weird at first with the idea of Smulders being Maria Hill. Because Hill is the kind of determined, focused on the job kind of character. But luckily, while they didn't really do too much with her, she did pretty good.
Samuel L. Jackson/Nick Fury: What I did like was how the touched on how Nick Fury doesn't always make the right decisions. I mean what happens wasn't a huge part of the plot per say, but it's nice that they touched on that.

Music: I liked the main theme song. I didn't like though how the score when Loki was in Germany, sounded like the music in Attack of the Clones when Obi-Wan just made it to Kamino. But I did like the song "Live to Rise" that played during the credits.

Editing: I enjoyed the editing a lot. But when Thor and Loki were punching each other, I didn't like how it was just close-ups on them, and they weren't really showing much while they're punching each other and we are getting cut after cut of hardly seeing them entirely.

And that's my review for The Avengers. It's an awesome film filled with action, drama, and LOTS of comedy. There's plenty of reason that would normally make the rating go at least a little lower, but at the end of the day, it's just an awesome film that's one of the best films of this year and one of the best superhero movies I've ever seen.
  

Also, here's the links to both part of my video review of these films.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpw-T--r4bQ

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtAxIOAEuic&list=PL29674ED22E57C355&index=2&feature=plpp_video

6 comments:

  1. I'd say this was the best Marvel film, their own Dark Knight. One of my favourite films now, terrific review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, did you like it? =P


    Nice review mate, for me the main reason why the film was so entertaining was because of the comedy, without the comedy the film would be 140 mins of fighting. In my opinion that would bore me to tears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I wouldn't go that far about the comedy, but it was a really good factor. and thank you.

      Delete
  3. Cool review! It sounded like you had a lot of fun with this movie :)! I really want to see this movie soooo bad!!! I don't think it's doing anything necessarily groundbreaking from what I can tell like "The Dark Night," did, but it's not suppose to. I think it's just a move where you kick back, relax and enjoy the show and is not really meant to be taken seriously. It's more of a blockbuster movie done right sort of film. I'm still worried about "The Dark Knight," and "The Amazing Spiderman," movies, but no one knows until they see the movie. I can't believe the only movies that I want to see are comic book movies when I don't even read comics. I feel like I've entered myself into guy world as far as my summer movie choices...lol! Wow I really digressed didn't I...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *chuckles* don't worry ms. Mocalis. I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you don't read the comics themselves. and I didn't say it was particularly as good as dark knight, but it roughly blew me away like dark knight. But I am worried about TDKR and amazing spider-man. But amazing spider-man I'm especially scared of. As a spider-man fan, I really want that to be good since they've been raping him in the last few years with the third movie and that broadway musical. And thank you for your comment.

      Delete