Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Incredibles (2004)

Rating: 90%
Okay so right after I saw Ratatouille last night I watched this. So here's Pixar review #6: The Incredibles.


Plot: 15 years ago, the super heroes use to protect society. But after causing numerous damages in the process of defeating super villains or protecting people, the government passes a program where the super heroes are forced to live as civilians and to never use their superpowers again. Now former super hero, Mr. Incredible, is now Bob Parr and is married to former super hero Elastigirl and has three kids with her. Bob missed his former days as a hero while he's stuck in a job in an insurance company. But when a mysterious organization asks for his help, he seizes the chance to try to relive his old days as a super hero.

The story is nice considering how it give us a different view about super heroes. Part of it is a little similar to Watchmen, but that mostly has to do with the beginning. But the story is still pretty good all around despite that. The characters where very good, the action was well done, the comedy was cute, and I am fascinated about the animation. Mostly with how they did the zero-point energy with Syndrome and with Violet becoming invisible. I just wish I knew how exactly they did the animation with both of those things.

Characters:
Mr. Incredible: Now part of me doesn't like him too much with how he is having this whole secret from his family and things like that. But the rest of me likes him because of how he did change and how he was an okay bad-a as a super even if his power is nothing original.
Syndrome: While he's not the darkest villain, he was a little cool. He didn't care about other people's lives and his weapons were pretty handy. I mean I wouldn't mind having those kinds of weapons if I was to fight crime or join crime without actual superpowers...as long as they are part of an Iron Man suit. (duh.)


Music: I enjoyed a lot of the music. The theme is memorable...at least it is for me since I use to watch this movie a bunch of times when it was out on DVD. But it's still good even if that's the case.  


And that's my review for The Incredibles. it's a fairly clever story with nice characters, good action and comedy, and some interesting use of animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment