Thursday, May 3, 2012

Toy Story (1995)

Rating: 100%
Well Brave is only less than two months away. So with that being said, I want to be ready reviewing wise. And since I've only reviewed Toy Story 3, it's time to see to it that I've reviewed all of Pixar's films and even update my review to Toy Story 3. So keep a good eye on what I'm posting guys, because this is the start of my Pixar films marathon. And what else would be Pixar review #1 then the one movie that started it all: Toy Story.

Plot: Of all the toys that belong to the young boy Andy, his favorite is his cowboy doll named Woody. But when Andy is out of the room, all the toys turn out to be alive and Woody is the leader. But Woody's place as Andy's favorite toy is being questioned when Andy gets a sci-fi action figure named Buzz Lightyear.

Okay what do I say and how do I try to elaborate on why I say it when I'm talking about a film everybody who is anybody has grown up with? It's an awesome movie. The 3D animation is marvelous considering its time, the characters are lovable, the music is unforgettable, and the story itself is awesome (I mean that fact that Joss Whedon took part in writing it is part of how he especially got my attention aside from Avengers) cause it all around gives us a good idea about the life of being a toy. I would say more but, let's face it, you probably have already seen it.

Characters:
Woody: I remember very well that Woody was my favorite as a kid. He was funny, smart and was a leader. His motives in the film may be selfish, but at the end of the day, he's still awesome.
Buzz Lightyear: If there was at least on character that tested my favoritism on Woody, Buzz would be it. I mean he may not be a real space ranger, but still, he was cool as a toy, like Woody said: "you got wings, you glow-in-the-dark, you talk, your helmet does that- that...whoosh thing." As far as the character himself goes, he was awesome with how he thought he was real, and with all the stuff that happened because of that throughout most of the film.

Music: The score is spectacular. And while I don't like Randy Newman too much anymore after he wrongly took the Oscar for best original song back in 2011, I cant' deny how good and how unforgettable he was in this movie with "you got a friend in me".

And that's my review for Toy Story. It's a clever, fun film with so many lovable characters. If you have yet to see Toy Story, you really should go check it out. Because it was a wonderful film for a lot of people like me to grow up with and it was a beautiful start for Pixar.

No comments:

Post a Comment