Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Superbad (2007)

Rating: 75%
This is a movie that I've been wanting to see just so that I have like practically everyone else. I know one of the scenes already because s few people in my acting class last fall acted it out, but that was all I knew about it up till now.

Plot: Evan and Seth are best friends who are only a couple of weeks away from graduating form high school. There's a party later that night at Seth's crush Jules' house, so Seth tells her that he is going to bring alcohol there. Evan also promises to bring certain alcohol to his crush Becca. So they plan to get alcohol with the help of their friend Fogell who has a fake ID. But when the alcohol store gets robbed right as Fogell is getting the alcohol, the police come leading Evan and Seth to think he's getting arrested, so they try to get it from the party that a guy that just recently hit Seth with his car is going to. Meanwhile the cops appear to actually be fooled by Fogell's ID and offer him a lift to the party.


Now I'm not a big fan of the sexual humor and stuff (hence why I REALLY hate movies like Borat and Hangover part II) But there were a couple of jokes that I did think were kind of cute. Not laugh out loud, but they were at least a little amusing. Honestly what made this interesting was just the story. Because it was nice, it made me interested to know how it was going to end, and for the most part it was a little fun and entertaining...well that and that the movie had Emma Stone.

Acting/Characters:
Jonah Hill/Seth: Well this is the second movie I've seen of Jonah Hill (the first being Moneyball). Now I didn't care too much for his character since he was one of those characters that basically was all about the potty mouth and trying to screw the girl or whatever, but since he's not the most irritating among those kinds of characters, he was enjoyable at the end of the day.
Michael Cera/Evan: I liked Evan, he was a more reasonable character who was often the one panicking whenever stuff was happening which comparing to most of the characters, I liked.
Christopher Mintz-Plasse/Fogell: Now this is the first film I've seen with this guy that's not Kick-Ass. And I thought he was a nice character. I think what most people would like him because how how her gets drunk and smokes with cops and shooting a gun. I may agree to a little bit of that, but I personally like him because I admit being able to shoot a gun at that moment would be pretty awesome.
Emma Stone/Jules: I didn't have the slightest idea that she was going to be in this movie. But when I saw her earlier in the film I practically went "alright, now it's a movie." And once again she gave us an awesome performance. *SPOILER ALERT* Personally, I loved that she didn't want to do anything with Seth while he's drunk. I mean sure I'd prefer that she doesn't actually want to do anything sexually with him, considering the world we live in, I'll take the fact that she would want then not drunk is a little nice. Plus, I agree that the black-eye is pretty bad-a. *END OF SPOILER*  


Music: I didn't pay attention very much to the music, but I think it was alright...if you like hearing mostly party music.

Editing: I thought it was alright. nothing spectacular.

And that's my review for Superbad. I may not be into most of the comedy, but I still enjoyed it as a story and for some of the actors and characters that they gave us.          

No comments:

Post a Comment