Monday, May 21, 2012

The Simpsons Movie

Rating: 80%
FINALLY!!! years ago I made a plan to never see this movie again until I was caught up with The Simpsons up to season 18 where shortly afterwords came this movie! It's been a long process, but after starting about three-ish years ago, I finally got through all of the first 400 episodes. So I have finished seeing the movie again for the first time in years about fifteen minutes ago or so, and at long last here is my review for it.


Plot: Lisa with the help a new love interest named Colin, convinces Springfield to stop polluting the lake. But Homer doesn't listen, so he dumps all the waste from his new pet pig into the lake which leads the Environmental Protection Agency to seal a big dome all over Springfield. The town finds out what Homer does and attempts to kill him which leads the Simpsons to escape the dome and be on the run from the law.


Now one or two episodes aside, this was the first Simpsons thing that I ever fully watched, and I freaking loved it! If I loved it for just one reason, it would be just because of how funny it is. There were so many things that I found to be hilarious. A lot of the jokes to me just kept coming out the blue and it was awesome. Now the one problem with this movie is that you don’t get to see a lot of the characters that you love in the series. But it goes without saying that it’s expected, especially since the numbers of characters on this show are countless.  But when it comes to the suspenseful parts of the movie, especially during the beginning, I thought they over did it a little. I mean yes that’s the idea, but with the music, the dramatic close ups, and even little bits of the dialogue, I feel like they over did it a little too much. But the story was nice, the characters are even so lovable, and the comedy was pretty spot on.

Characters:
The Simpsons: Well what’s to say? It’s the freaking Simpsons. They were just the way they were supposed to be. Homer getting into complete trouble, Lisa being the logical one, Bart getting into mischief, Marge being just the protective mom and ever having such a temper whenever Homer does something stupid. And then Maggie acting innocent but not having a problem ready to defend herself or her family. It was just the Simpsons just the way we loved them all the way.

Music: theme song is awesome.  But the drama music is just like the drama itself. It seemed a bit overdone. Which sucks considering that it’s done by Hans Zimmer. Which is giving me the official thought that he’s a guy that is mostly a hit and miss kind of composer when it comes to his work. I don’t know, we’ll have to see. We still have Dark Knight Rises soon, so let’s hope he gives us some excellent pieces there.

And that’s my review of The Simpsons Movie. The drama may be over dome and some fans may not to get a good look at some of the other characters that aren’t the Simpsons that they really love, but it’s still an awesome film with awesome comedy for everyone to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment