Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cars 2 (2011)

Rating: 45%
Alright so last night I saw this movie after watching and writing my review for the first movie. But I waited until this morning to start writing it. So here is Pixar review # 4: Cars 2.


Plot: After winning his fourth Piston Cup, McQueen is challenged to race at the first Grand World Prix. Sally suggests that he takes Mater to the trip since he has never taken him to any of his races. But while preparing for the first race, a secret agent secretly plants information onto Mater at a bathroom before he is about to be captured by an evil oil corporation that is trying to sabotage the race. This leads two other secret agents, Finn McMissile and Holley Shiftwell are lead to believe that Mater is the secret agent that they were suppose to meet.

Now while the plot is not original and was fairly predictable, it sure as heck was much more original and interesting then what the first movie had to offer. I mean I'd take main character mistaken for a secret agent over a guy that has it all until he meets a bunch people that he eventually likes any day. The action was alright, at the very least a little clever with how they come up with it in the world of Cars. But altogether, while the plot is better and not as predictable, just doesn't really...I want to say shine as much as the first movie did, or any other Pixar film for that matter.

Characters:
Mater: He was still a fun character. He has his annoying parts or stuff that you know he's going to do so you - or at least I - have to roll my eyes over. But the still had his nice moments.
Finn McMissile: Now this guy I easily liked. I mean why not? He would transform from car to submarine, he would totally beat the crap out of a lot of bad guys, and there's of coarse the main attraction which was that he was voice by Michael Cain.


Music: the music was okay, it was mostly just secret agent music, nothing spectacular.

And that's my review for Cars 2. It has its nice points, but it falls hard enough to definitely be the worst that Pixar has done. This is were we definitely must hope that Brave does a much better job than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment