Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Wild One (1954)

My Rating: 90%

I remember seeing this a long time ago when it just happened to be on TV. And I enjoyed it. And I still enjoy it after seeing it again knowing that the main character turns out to be Marlon Brando. so without further ado, my Marlon Brando review #5: The Wild One


Plot:The Black Rebels Motorcycle Club are a group of bikers led by Johnny Strabler. They come across a town where a motorcycle race where one of the bikers steal the second place trophy for Johnny. (the 1st place trophy was too big apparently) they then come across a small town called Wrightsville where they begin to cause chaos and Johnny becomes interested in a girl named Kathie.

I just find this movie very interesting. It isn't too much of a film but I find it nice enough to enjoy.

Actors/Characters:
Marlon Brando/Johnny Stabler: He is an interesting character on how he doesn't listen to anybody yet he's not really as wild as his gang (and believe me, they are) and how he's mysterious to Kathie.
Mary Murphy/ Kathie Bleeker: You know she is a strange girl, being so interested in knowing what life as a biker is like especially Johnny. I thought she was a nice character.

Music: It wasn't much.

Editing: nothing special but it did well enough to tell the story.

And that's my review for The Wild One. I may not be saying much, but in my opinion I do find it an enjoyable film.

No comments:

Post a Comment