Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lilo and Sitch (2002)

Rating: 70%
Ah yes. I remember this film. Nuthun much left to say for an intro so here's Disney review # 46: Lilo & Sitch.

Plot: Out in space, Dr. Jumba illegally creates a monster that he calls "Experiment 626". The galactic alien government arrests Jumba and attempts to send 626 to an asteroid in exile. But 626 escapes on a police cruiser and crashed on Earth in one of the islands of Hawaii. An expert on Earth named  Pleakley stops the galactic councilwoman from destroying the planet which eventually leaves her to order him to collect 626 in secret with Jumba in exchange for his freedom. Down in Hawaii, there's a little girl named Lilo who lives with her older sister, Nani, who is her current guardian after their parents died. Lilo has trouble fitting in with the other girls her age and the social worker Cobra Bubbles begins to question Nani being a guardian and give her three days to stop him from taking Lilo to foster care. So since Lilo has no friends, Nani decides to adopt a dog for Lilo and she ends up picking 626 who ended up in the shelter shortly after his escape and named him Stitch.


Well one things for sure, we can definitely respect Disney for not trying something from a book or fairy tale for once. And I think for what it's worth, I thought they did a good job. I loved it as a kid just because of Stitch. I thought he was just plain awesome. And I loved that I am actually capable to impersonate him. However, to tell you the truth, unlike any of the rest of the Disney films that I've grown up with, I've actually grown out of this film. It's not that it's terrible or anything. I mean It was creative, the action was nice, it had its weird moments, but it's a lot of fun nonetheless. But I guess I've become over it from particularly Stitch himself. In a sense, I gave that character all the love I could and have moved on ever since. It's still a very good Disney film, I'm just over it personally.

Characters:
Stitch: Like I said, Stitch was awesome. He was crazy, he was maniac, he has his silly at times and his abilities were just cool. I mean he was indestructible, he was super strong, could use himself as a speaker for a record player, and thought faster than supercomputer. And even though I'm over him, I still loved him when he shot himself as a rocket with the gas truck and the volcano when I saw it again last night. Even after all this time, I still found it funny is a crazy sort of way.
Lilo: Lilo was kind of a weird character. But that's to be expected. I mean she was friendless and stuff like that, but some of her hobbies like shooting pictures of fat people and stuff like that were pretty weird. But I thought it was nice that she seemed to be some really big Elvis fan.

Music: well some of the music was good automatically either way because a fair amount of it was some of Elvis' music. And even though I'm older, I admit I still really like the A*Teens version of "I Can't Help Falling in Love with You."


And that's my review for Lilo & Stitch. I may be over it, but it's still a pretty good film.

1 comment:

  1. I've loved this film ever since I got this on Video, saw it once a day for a whole week. Good review

    ReplyDelete