Monday, January 16, 2012

Alice in Wonderland (1951)

Rating: 80%
I remember that I use to see this movie a fair amount of time whenever my siblings whenever  I went to visit my grandparents for the weekend...at least until we got our own copy. So we only have four movies left to go with, so let's not waste anytime as we get into Disney review # 48: Alice in Wonderland.


Plot: Alice is a young girl in England whose mind is always in the could wishing she would live in a crazy world of her own. But all of the sudden she sees a white rabbit nicely dressed panicking that he's running late. She chases the rabbit all the way through a rabbit hole where she falls into wonderland, were she meets all sorts of crazy people and creatures as she continues to curiously find the white rabbit.

Well I think it goes without saying that it's one of Disney's best. It certainly one of it's most creative in a messed up sort of way. I mean you have all the ridiculous stuff the Mad Hatter and the Hare do with all there teapots and cups, the card men, all of those creatures when Alice decided to go home, I can just go on. My one thing *SPOILER ALERT* is how the story about the walrus and the carpenter ends sadly. But it's still a very good film all around.

Characters:
Alice: Alice is a little bit a silly character in terms of how much she lets curiosity get the better of her and doesn't even use her own advise. But she's still a likable character and all that is just being loyal to the book as far as I can tell. (I don't know, I never read the book.)
The Mad Hatter and the March Hare: I think it goes without saying that they're the best. It's they're just characters to remember through and through. The unbirthday celebration, always changing the subject or doing something random like the clean cup thing, they're just crazy as heck. (I do wonder how exactly a Raven is like a writing desk)
The Queen of Hearts: She's a nice villain. I mean she's so much into power that she always gets what she wants and she has quite the harsh way to deal with it.

Music: I thought the music was nice. Very fun and exciting a lot of the time. I think the only ones that stand out to me because they were me most fun/memorable were "Very merry Unbirthday" and "Painting the Roses Red"

And that's my review for Alice in Wonderland. It's a very fun Disney film that's definitely did it's job well in terms of giving us quite a version of Lewis Carroll's Wonderland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment