Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

Rating: 100%
Well everyone,  I've done it. I've finally seen this film. It took longer than it probably should have but I've done it.

Plot: In 1935, T. E. Lawrence dies from a motorcycle accident. A reporter tries to find out more about him at his funeral which then takes the movie back all the way back to World War I which introduces Lawrence himself as this optimistic and clever soldier who becomes assigned to assess the prospects of Prince Faisal concerning his revolt against the Turks.

I thought that it definitely is a nice movie. It had very good cinematography with giving the idea that they really are in the desert where it all seems so endless. There wasn't as much action as I thought it would have, but that's alright. And the story was pretty interesting all around with telling all the things that this man did.

Actors/Characters:
Peter O'Toole/T. R. Lawrence: Now if there's one thing that has left me a bit relieved to see this movie aside from that fact that it's just a big deal, it's that I finally discovered what is it that Peter O'Toole is so famous for. I mean I only know him in much more recent things like The Nutcrakcer Prince, Troy and Ratatouille. And I can see why he's such a big deal from this film. He played such an interesting character and I can see why he's # 10 in AFi's 100 years, 100 Heroes and Villains.
Alec Guinness/Prince Faisal: He played an interesting character. I would've liked to have seen more of him but...that's just because it's Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Omar Sharif/Sheriff Ali: I liked this character. I thought he as going to be an archenemy or something like that after how they introduced him but what he became instead was pretty good the way he was being the supportive friend and things like that.

Music: Well duh that it was good. I've heard the main theme too many times even before I saw this movie to know that it's suppose to be spectacular. And well I can understand why that is so.

Editing: The editing was very good. Although I wish I wasn't told about the blowing candle then cut to sunrise cut before I saw the movie I would like to have known how I would've thought of it by myself.

And that's my review for Lawrence of Arabia. And I declare now that as the Disney Marathon soon comes to a conclusion, that this will only be the beginning of me seeing many films - primarily Best Pictures winners and nominees - that are long overdue in seeing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment