Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Ides of March (2011)

Rating: 90%
Alright. I've finished the review for Moneyball, so let's get to The Ides of March.

Plot: This is the story of Stephen Meyers is the Junior Campaign Manager for Democratic presidential candidate, Govennor Mike Morris. During the events of the film, the Morris campaign is competing against Senator Ted Pullman for in Ohio in attempt to win the Democratic nomination for presidency.

Now I know I'm hardly saying a darn thing, but in the case of this particular movie, that is very much for the best and just say "this is a very well done movie." You just have to really appreciate how it's trying to give us a clear dark view about the world of politics. I also find it really fascinating that George Clooney wrote, produced, directed and starred in this film.

Actors/Characters:
Ryan Gosling/Stephen Meyers: He did a very good job with his role. You really do get attached to what happens to this character.
George Clooney/Mike Morris: He wasn't as big of a character as I thought he would be, but at the same time i really liked that. Good performance all around.
Evan Rachel Wood/Molly Stearns: I thought she did a pretty good performance.
Phillip Seymour Hoffman/Paul Zara: He did a very good job with character. He made very sure that Zara was basically the superior one.

Music: I can't remember a whole lot of it, but I thought it was nice.

Editing: I thought it was very well done.

And that's my review for The Ides of March. It's a very well done film that I won't be surprised if it gets nominated for best picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment