Monday, January 16, 2012

Fun and Fancy Free (1947)

Rating: 70%
Now I'm counting on the fact that pretty much none of you have ever even heard of this film. In fact, when I was talking to my grandmother that this was one of the few Disney films I had left to do, she just went "huh? I never heard of it." But anyway, there's only three movies left, so here's Disney review #49: Fun and Fancy Free.

Plot: This is the very last package film for me to cover with these 51 Disney films. (FINALLY!!!!) This one only has two stories. Both in a way have to do with Jiminy Cricket's message of generally being all "full of fun and fancy free"
Bongo: This is the story about a bear who is the star of the circus who one day escapes to the wild to live freely. It becomes very hard to live in the wilderness until he meets and falls in love with a female bear named Lulubelle.
 Mickey and the Beanstalk: It's pretty much Jack and the beanstalk only that it's with Mickey, Donald and Goofy.

Well it may not be the best Disney has. Most people seem to only find it okay at best. But while I can kinda see that, I still find it a fun movie. The stories where nice, I enjoy the comedy particularly when it came to Donald and Goofy, all around I just find it a nice fun film all around with what they were giving us with both stories.

Characters:
Bongo: Bongo I thought was a nice character with what he was facing throughout his story. And it was fun to listen to all those sound effects when he was getting ready to charge at Lumpjaw. I just thought they were funny.
Willie the Giant: I thought he was a good character. As a kid, it looked cool to me that he was able change himself into anything on top of being a giant.
Mickey, Donald and Goofy: What's to say? they're awesome! Mickey with being the hero, Donald being the stubborn one and both him and Goofy being, again, funny.

Music: The actual "Fun and Fancy Free" song was nice. It was a good way to set up the mood of the film all around. "Too Good to Be True" I thought was an okay love song. "Fee Fi Fo Fum" I thought was a nice song that had a fun rhythm.

And that's my review for Fun and Fancy Free. It's not one of the best, but it's a fun enough film to enjoy. 

1 comment:

  1. Not in much of a hurry for this little Disney film. Excellent review!

    ReplyDelete