Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Sword in the Stone (1963)

Rating: 60%


Another film I didn't grew up with, but saw a few times nonetheless. So here's Disney review # 31: The Sword in the Stone.

Plot: This movie tells the tale of King Arthur and some adventures before he became king. The Story is set with Arthur as a 12 year old boy (mostly known throughout the film as Wart) who lives with his foster father Sir Ector and is training to become a squire for Extor's son Kay. One day while Kay goes hunting, he calls Arthur to bring back an arrow that he over shoots all the way into the woods. Wh8ile he finds it, he comes across a mysterious wizard named Merlin who declares himself to be Arthur's tutor and so takes him back to the castle where they have adventures from Merlin teaching Arthur.

This is an...okay movie. It's not the best. On one hand, the story is nice, there's some pretty cute comedy. On the other hand...well it's just a nice film. Not the best. In a way, It's enough that it's still Disney, but on the same note, it's not entirely as thrilling as most of the Disney films... to me anyway.

Characters:
Merlin: Merlin I really liked. He was silly, clever, and you didn't know what he was going to say, especially with hm rambling on over what's going to happen years after the events of this film.
Archimedes: Archimedes was a nice character. I enjoyed him enough because he was voiced by Junius Matthews who was the original voice for Rabbit in Winnie the Pooh.
Arthur: Arthur was...okay. I'm not sure what to say about him. He was mostly just a simple boy learning to become a squire while doing a bunch of crazy stuff with a Wizard. I'm not sure what to say much about him.


Music: eh, it was just okay. nuthun special.

And that's my review for The Sword in the Stone. To me, it's an okay movie, not the best. I'm not sure how to explain why. It's just no my kind of film I suppose.

1 comment: