Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Chicken Little (2005)

Rating: 10%

*moans* I really didn't want to watch this movie. It got bad reviews, it just looked bad to begin with... I just didn't want to do it...but I have my marathon and all that so...here's Disney review # 27: Chicken Little.


Plot: A year ago, Chicken Little rings the school bell telling everyone to run in panic because a piece of the sky fell. But when people can't find the "piece of the sky," his father assumes an acorn just fell on his head, thus the misunderstanding which makes Chicken Little the laughing stock of the town. Now in the present, another "piece of the sky" seems to fall so he comes to investigate with his friends.

Now to be fair *WARNING, SPOILER ALERT* I have to admit Chicken Little winning that baseball championship was a nice touch. I thought he was going to become even more an embarrassment from that considering what usually falls in line to the concept of this kind of story. But he didn't become an embarrassment and even become the hero, and I liked that. That was a decent contrast to the of the ball of cheese that is the rest of this movie. That alone is why this movie is given at least a 10% . But the rest of the movie was just terrible. The story was predictable, the characters where totally forgettable, and I hate that they put a bunch of things that I like into this movie like a clip from Raiders of the Lost Ark and a whole bunch of good songs. In a way, this was practically Hoodwinked.

Characters:
Chicken Little: CHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! He's not very original, he makes Robert Patterson practically look good. My word, this character was predictable.
Fish Out of Water: he was kind of interesting with how he has to make gurgling sounds to communicate...but not interesting enough.
Abby: She was no more original than Chicken Little.

Music: Again, I hated that they used some pretty good music into this terrible movie.
 
And that's my review for Chicken Little. Now, I may have yet to officially see all of the theatrical animated Disney features. But I think it's safe to officially declare in my somewhat professional opinion as a man who watches Disney, that this movie is definitely the worst of all the 51 theatrical, animated films. I mean The Three Caballeros: manageable, Dinosaur: whatever, The Black Cauldron: fine, but whatever I still have to see, I'm pretty confident that I can put up with no problem compared to this horrible, HORRIBLE film. 

3 comments:

  1. sorry you had to see this one, it did look terrible. great review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your pity...it's just...the cheesiness...*moan*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I definitely not want to see Chicken Little but I did see bits of that animated film.

    ReplyDelete