Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Lady and the Tramp (1955)

Rating: 80%

It's been some time since I last saw this film. It was only a couple of days ago that I saw it again with my grandfather, who told me how this was the first animated film his father ever saw and loved it ever since. Apparently my grandfather was having some surgery thing going on (I forget what it was) and so a little afterword they went to see it and his father laughed at how this movie contained some dogs doing a barber shop quartet. So anyway, here's Disney review # 26: Lady and the Tramp.

Plot: Lady is a cocker spaniel puppy who lives with Jim Dear and his wife Darling. The Tramp on the other hand is a mutt who goes around living life moment by moment even if he's just begging from a nearby Italian restaurant. They first meet when Lady asks her friends why Jim Dear and Darling act strangely to her (which later turns out to be that Darling's pregnant) and Tramp offers his opinion which her friends disapprove of. Later, Jim Dear and Darling go on a trip and leave Aunt Sarah to look after the baby. But when Lady gets in trouble because of Aunt Sarah's Siamese cats. She takes her to put on a muzzle where she escapes and runs into Tramp who helps her get her muzzle off and then shows her around town where they being to all in love.

As a kid, I really didn't care for this movie. I can't explain why, it was just not as amusing to me as a bunch of other Disney films. Now that I'm older, I'm a bit more fond of it because I like the music a little more, and I kinda liked how there were a whole bunch of characters with various accents.

Characters:
Tramp: Tramp I thought was pretty fun.  My favorite part of him in this film was probably when he first met Lady, just thought that was funny.
Lady: Lady was a nice character.
Jock and Trusty: I really liked them. mostly just because of Jock's Scottish accent and Trusty's...voice to begin with, but still.
Joe and Tony: They were pretty fun. But when it comes to the trailer to the DVD to this film from other Disney movies, I kinda hate that I can't get it off my head where the trailer always starts off with Joe and Tony going "Hey Joe, look who's here!" "Well what do ya know, it's-a Butch!"

Music: The music I've come to appreciate more, especially Belle Notte.

And that's my review of Lady and the Tramp. It may not be one of my favorite Disney films, but I've come to appreciate it much more than I have in the past. 

1 comment:

  1. another disney flick i haven't seen in ages. I really need to do a rewatch, but anyways, great review man

    ReplyDelete