Thursday, December 1, 2011

Star Trek III: The Search for Spcok

My Rating: 80%

Now we're on to one of the few good third movies. And we're also about halfway there with the movies I have to watch before moving on to the next TV series. So let's move on to the third Star Trek movie which is also the first of the franchise that Leonard Nimoy has actually directed. (yeah I know.  how about that.)


Plot: Shortly after the defeat of Kahn and the death of Spock, the damaged Enterprise flies back to Earth for repairs. But along the way, McCoy begins to act strangely and becomes detained. Later Spock's father, Sarek comes to Kirk over the belief that Kirk has Spock's katra (his spirit). But they later find out that it's McCoy who has Spock's katra which is why he has been acting strangely. Meanwhile, as Saavik and David explore the Genesis planet, they get captured by a Klingon ship lead by Commander Kruge. 

This wasn't as good as Wrath of Kahn but I still enjoyed it. Nice action, good plot, the only thing I didn't like was David and the Enterprise's part in the film. But in a way, the ending kinda made up for that.

Acting/Characters:
William Shatner/Admiral James T. Kirk: He did good. Just was being good ol' Kirk.
DeForest Kelley/Leonard McCoy: I liked how this was a little bit of a change for McCoy considering how he shows that he really missed Spock and starts to show more that he really found Spock his friend.
Christopher Lloyd/Commander Kruge: This character was a little harder to review fairly because...well...I'd be lying if I said I wasn't shocked when the intro to this movie reviled that Christopher Lloyd was going to be in this movie. I mean I know this actor a fair bit from the Back to the Future trilogy, Who framed Roger Rabbit, and Angels in the Outfield. And finding out that he has performed as a main villain to a Star Trek film, and a Klingon to boot...that's just messed up. I mean too me, that's like next thing you know, there'll be something in Star Wars where he's the main Sith Lord to the story...and his character's a Sith pure-blood on top of that (if you don't know what I mean, that's okay. It's just something I know from the Star Wars Expanded Universe.)  But anyway, Lloyd turned out to give a fairly decent villain so it turned out alright with Lloyd getting in the picture when it comes to Star Trek.



Music: Music was nice.



Editing: They did a nice job on the editing.



And that's my review for Star Trek III: The Search for Spock. It was a nice film and a good way to tell the story that it was particularly telling.

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I have this on DVD along with all the Star Trek films considered to be good, but haven't seen it, so will review these in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. and let me know when you're written those reviews.

    ReplyDelete