Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Peter Pan (1953)

Rating: 100%

Yeah. It was time to get to this film sooner or later. Because for many of us I'm sure, this was one of our favorites. So, here's Disney review # 23: Peter Pan

Plot: Wendy Darling who is a great believer in Peter Pan, loves to tell stories about him to her younger brothers John and Michael. One night, Peter Pan sneaks into their room in search for his shadow that he lost and Wendy has kept secretly since. But in the midst of finding his shadow, he wakes up Wendy and eventually John and Michael. So eventually after giving his shadow back, Peter teaches them to fly with his fairy, Tinkerbell, and they fly away to Neverland and begin to have some adventures with the Lost Boys, the Indians and Captain Hook with his band of pirates.

What can I say? It's a good movie. Like everyone else, I like the story, the characters, the music. I really don't have any thing else to say with this movie in general.

Characters:
Peter Pan: I remember really liking as a kid. And while I may have moved on from all the stuff back then, I still like him.
Captain Hook: He was a pretty good villain. He's not the darkest or the bravest Disney villain, but he's still a decent villain.
Tinkerbell: All I have to say is that I remember well how she would be jealous all the time which was nice. And that when it comes to a boy with a fairy, while I prefer Link from Legend of Zelda over Peter Pan any day, I wouldn't hesitate to choose Tink as the fairy. I mean the fairies in Legend of Zelda are annoying as heck with always saying "HEY! LISTEN!" and otherwise just fly around and is only useful once in a while. Tink on the other hand can make you fly and kinda has her own language. I don't know what she says but I'm sure none of it is putting together the words 'hey' and 'listen' together. I know this totally off topic but I just wanted to say that while we are bringing up fairies.


Music: well it was Peter Pan so the music was spectacular. I mean "You can fly" "Never smile at a crocodile" and "What mad the Red Man red."

And that's my review for Peter Pan. I know it's not saying much, but this is one of those Disney classics that speak for themselves

3 comments:

  1. I love Peter Pan. Definite Disney classic that you can love forever. Well said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a terrific Disney flick, I haven't seen most of the disney films in a good long while and really need to revisit them, great review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. both of you.

    ReplyDelete