Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Lion King (1994)

Rating: 100%
(singing the beginning of 'Circle of Life') NNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS INGONYMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BAGITHI BABA!!! (Sithi uhm ingonyama) NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT
TTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSS INGONYAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BAGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITHI BABA!!!!! (sithi uhm ingonyama. ingonyama.) Siyo Nqoba (ingonyama)

Translation for that beginning of Circle of Life:

Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba  [Here comes a lion, Father]
Sithi uhm ingonyama           [Oh yes, it's a lion]

Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama

Siyo Nqoba                    [We're going to conquer]
Ingonyama
 
Anyway, here's Disney review # 25 and my 150th review: The Lion King!
 
 
Plot: Simba is the newborn cub of King Mufasa and Queen Sarabi who dreams of 
becoming a great king after his father. But Mufasa's evil brother Scar also wants to be kind and is 
displeased with Simba's birth. So Scar comes up with a plan to kill both Mufasa and Simba. And 
while he succeeds in killing Mufasa, Simba escapes and lives in exile with a warthog named Pumbaa 
and a Meerkat named Timon. Years later, the ghost of Mufasa comes to Simba and tells him to face 
Scar and become the true king.
 
Yes, yes I know, the movie shamelessly rips off Hamlet. But that doesn't make the movie any less good.
The characters are lovable, the music is spectacular,  the animation is extremely well done. It has a huge 
lack of originality but honestly, that's something people who grew up with it like me can live with. 
 
Characters:
Simba: I remember only too well how my youngest brother use to LOVE Simba. And why not? he was a 
good character.
Scar: He's a pretty good villain. He may have been acting like a wimp once he rose into power but still, I 
mean she did kill one of the main characters. 
Timon & Pumbaa: Man these guys are the best. They're some of the best supporting Disney characters 
and I still remember their TV show. 

Music: Dude! It's the Lion King! all the songs are pretty much classics. "Circle of Life," "Hakuna Matata"
"Be Prepared", "Can you feel the love tonight."


And that's my review for The Lion King. Despite it's lack of originality, it's still an excellent film to enjoy to make as my 150th review and to use as my Disney review to make me halfway though my marathon.
 
 
  

2 comments:

  1. The Lion King is the greatest disney film I have ever seen, i've loved it since I was a child. Fantastic review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great opinion, I loved THE LION KING, it is all-time favorite animated movie to be precise.

    ReplyDelete