Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Fox and the Hound (1981)

Rating: 80%

Now just like Lady and the Tramp, this was a Disney film I wasn't very thrilled about but after watching it again now that I'm older, I've come to appreciate more. The only difference is that there's no story behind seeing it again that has to do with my grandfather. Ah well. Here's Disney review # 28: The Fox and the Hound.


Plot: Tod is a Fox who is raised by Widow Tweed after his mother was killed by a hunter. Copper is a Hound dog who is raised by Widow Tweed's next door neighbor, Amos Slade and his other dog Chief, to become a hunting dog. They first meet when Cooper smells Tod in the woods and so they begin to play and become best friends. But their friendship easily ends up in jeopardy when Cooper is sent to a hunting trip to officially become a hunting dog.

This is a nice film for sure. The story is cute, the music is alright, very nice characters. It's certainly more happy than the book, let me tell you that.

Characters:
Tod: I'd have to say Tod was always my favorite...I don't know why, maybe just because he was a fox just like Robin Hood or something like that. I don't know. But even after seeing this again, I still like him.
Cooper: He's nice too...but when it comes to fighting, he's a whip. I mean biting that bear a fair amount of times aside, both Tod and the bear knew how to manhandle Cooper.
Big Mama, Dinkey and Boomer: To me, these guys were really stealing the show in this film. Mostly Dinkey and Boomer with trying to get that caterpillar, but Big Mama had her points to. Boomer was my favorite because he was the funniest and...well he was voiced by Paul Winchell who did the voice of Tigger before Jim Cummings so that was a bit of a personal score with that character for me.

Music: it was nice.

And that's my review for The Fox and the Hound. It's a nice film and I'm a bit glad that I can appreciate it more just like Lady and the Tramp.

2 comments: