Sunday, December 18, 2011

Home on the Range (2004)

Rating: 40%

Nuthun much to say for this one except; Here's Disney review # 33: Home on the Range.

Plot: Maggie is a cow who once her home was sold after every cattle in the ranch is stolen by Alamida Slim, is taken to a small farm called Patch of Heaven. But the farm becomes bankrupted to the point where the owner must pay $750 or her farm will be sold to the highest bidder. So Maggie goes out with her fellow cows Mrs. Calloway and Grace, and try to capture Alamida Slim and use the bounty money on him to save the farm.

Okay so this time, Disney based a film on the title of the actual song "Home on the Range". Boy the things that they base their movies on. Anyway, I didn't care much for this movie. There were a decent bit of comedy, and some of the music was pretty nice, but I wasn't very interested in the main characters, the story wasn't all that good, and while the villain was kinda unique, it was the way that made him unique that made him bad.


Characters:
Maggie, Mrs. Calloway and Grace: Eh, I just didn't feel like I had a good reason to care about these characters. I mean Grace being tone deaf aside, there was nothing truly unique about these three characters.
Lucky Jack: He was a little funny in his first scene which was nice.
Alamida Slim: I've recently considered making a list of the top best and worst Disney Villains. And for one of the worst, I think it's safe to say that Slim should be one of them. I mean yes, he does some fairly evil things, but It's just that his secret weapon is yodeling. I mean sure, make him unique, but yodeling...is not the way to go. It just killed the way he was introduced earlier in the film.

Music: "(You Ain't) Home On The Range" I liked, "Little Patch of Heaven" was okay. But "Yodel-Adle-Eedle-Idle-Oo" was bad and I didn't like Slim yodeling to some classical songs.

And that's my review for Home on the Range. It was nothing special, the characters were not very good, and it just wasn't a good movie all around.

1 comment:

  1. never seen this one, doesn't interest me in the slightest, good review

    ReplyDelete