Monday, April 11, 2011

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra (2009)

My Rating 0%

...What the frick is this? I mean really, i've done my share of spending my money on foolish things for a short while after i graduated from high school, but i think spending $8.50 on a ticket to G.I.Joe:Rise Of Cobra was one of my most embarrassing moments.


Plot: Two soldiers, Duke and Ripcord are assigned to deliver warheads. but on the way, they are attacked by Baroness and her troops of mega super weapons (or just some big-a guns that are much deadlier than theirs) and Duke and Ripcord are barely rescued by the G.I.Joe team. And while they figure out what their enemies are up to, Duke and Ripcord are trained to become new members of the team.

that doesn't sound like much i know but that's beside the point. This is very, very terrible movie. a lot of what happens is very predictable. more so than Transformers even. i mean in a way it makes sense because later on when the evil plot of the bad guys are found out, it's showing that they make it still for kids...but it's still not a great movie at all. it's just horrible.

Acting/Characters
i'm only going to name one or two out of the top of my head.
Dennis Quaid/General Hawk: i may have only seen him in okay movies. but still...moan. he can do better than this film.
Sienna Miller/The Baroness: Holy crap that was horrible. and what made it worse was he all around story were she gets all evil but then changes side for love. AAAAAAAGGGHHH!!! so bad.

Effects: they were nothing special. but i thought the super suits in that paris scene were decent.

Screenplay: "You know Duke, this isn't over!" when my dad saw that a couple of months ago and just started at the screen going "yeah that was the worst line of the film."

Music:...didn't pay attention and i don't care.

Editing: well you can give them credit for the action to be decent as far as the editing and you can see better than you do in Transformers. but it's nothing special.

so that is my review for G.I.Joe:Rise of Cobra. i know i wasn't that specific but i didn't want to be specific because just saying that its' really bad should be enough for you guys to stay away. I mean truly, Revenge of the Fallen my have been the true Razzie of '09 but at least with its action and the hot chick with it if you care at all. What good does this movie give you? NOTHING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment