Monday, June 11, 2012

Zombieland (2009)

Rating: 95%
Now I saw this movie in theaters back in 2009, but it wasn't until recently that I found out that the leading actress in the movie was Emma Stone all along. Cause Emma Stone didn't really have my attention of really acknowledging her as an actress until I found out she is going to be Gwen in Amazing Spider-Man which lead to all the Emma Stone movie watching that I've done for the past year that has easily made her on of my favorite actresses. So when I finally found out that it was her that's in this movie, I knew I wanted to see it again and review it before Amazing Spider-Man comes out. So here's my review for Zombieland.

Plot: A mutated strain of mad cow disease has eventually caused a zombie apocalypse. A loner college student who goes by the named Columbus is unaffected and is on his way trying to get to Columbus, Ohio to see if any of his family are still alive. Along the way, he meets this other survivor that goes by the name Tallahassee who is also a survivor, (who also has a strong desire for Twinkies) and these two sisters named Wichita and Little Rock who are trying to go to California to the Pacific Playland amusement park which is suppose to be zombie-free.

Man this movie is an awful lot of fun. It has a lot of the stuff that you would expect from a movie about zombies like a lot of blood and gore and some action and stuff. But it also has some pretty awesome characters and some comedy that you just simply have to love. I mean you have the set of rules that are always appearing, one scene where the characters are destroying things that was a whole lot of fun to watch, and most of all, the dialogue has some funny lines that you may not want to forget. It's just an awesome film full of comedy, action and of coarse, zombies that is easily a very lovable film to watch. 

Actors/Characters:
Jesse Eisenberg/Columbus: I really liked his character. He was something of a wimp by he was very smart with laying out these set of rules to survive and he was at least a decent zombie slayer for what it's worth.
Woody Harrelson/Tallahassee: Holy cow this guy was so awesome. he was a bad-a, with some mini-shotgun or something that was pretty cool, and yet it's hilarious how he get distracted with thinks like finding a Twinkie. You just have to love his character to death.
Emma Stone/Witchita: Well now I know that it's Stone playing this character, and yes, she was awesome. She was a bad-a, she was smart in trusting no one that wasn't Little Rock, but had this slight friendly side to her that allowed her and Little Rock to be somewhat friend with Columbus and Tallahassee. She just did an excellent job and now I think I'm officially ready for her in Amazing Spider-Man.
Bill Murray/himself: You have to love is cameo. I mean sure it's Bill Murray, so of coarse it was going to be awesome, but that doesn't make it any less cool. Especially with Tallahassee's reaction to it all. 

Music: I liked the music. i think my favorite part was the music that they played when they destroyed the Indian store cause that just really helped into making that moment fun.

And that's my review for Zombieland. It's an awesome film filled with blood, action, gore, lovable character and especially comedy that makes is easy to have a good time watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment