Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Castle in the Sky (1986)

Rating: 80%
Now I saw this before My Neighbor Totoro, but it was the kind of movie that you have to see twice just like Howl's Moving Castle. Anyway, here's my review for Castle in the Sky.

Plot: Sheeta lives alone in her farm after her parents died until these men lead by Colonel Muska took her away. They send her on an airship until a family of pirates attack the ship in attempt to steal Sheeta's crystal necklace. When Sheeta tries to escape, she accidentally falls off the ship, but then he crystal necklace magically slows her fall until she is rescued by a boy named Pazu. Sheeta and Pazu continue to try to escape the pirates and Muska as they continue to chase her as they end up also looking for the mysterious castle in the sky called Laputa.
  

I thought this was a very interesting movie. The whole mystery about Laputa and Sheeta's necklace and so on did keep me very interested when I first watched this film. The characters are also very fun to watch. What I also really enjoy personally are some of the choices of voice actors. I mean we have Debi Derryberry (known as the voice of Jimmy Neutron) as young Sheeta, and then we have some of my favorite voice actors like Corey Burton who voiced for various characters, Jim Cummings as the General, and most of all, Mark Hamil (yes I do mean Luke Skywalker) as Colonel Muska.

Characters:
Sheeta: Sheeta was a nice character. I mean most of the time she was this kind of innocent caring about people kind of person that you probably expect out of what she secretly turns out to be.
Colonel Muska: I really liked him the best. He was just this cunning, determined, evil man and Mark Hamill did a really good job at displaying that through his voice acting.   

Music: The music was pretty good, though I must say that the ending song sounds really similar to the one at the end of Kiki's Delivery Service.

And that's my review for Castle in the Sky. It's a nice film with some darn good voice actors, an interesting story and some characters that are just ether cool or fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment