Monday, June 4, 2012

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

Rating: 80%
I head about this movie a couple of times. Mostly on just how it's good and that Jim Carrey is not how he usually is. But it was just yesterday that I finally saw this and I have to admit that it was not what I was expecting.

Plot: Joel and Clementine strike up a relationship while riding the train. But it turns out that they actually have formed a relationship before which ended with Joel finding out that after they broke up, Clementine hired this company to erase all of her memories that have to do with his Joel. As a result of him finding out, he hires the same company to erase all of him memories of Clementine.

Okay, this movie turning out to be a romantic science fiction film and how: awesome. Fascinating really. I mean I thought this was like a romantic comedy or something, but no, it turns out to be something completely different. And that is awesome. Really the choice of cast itself is really interesting. I mean it's Jim Carrey, Kate Winslet, Kristen Dunst, Elijah Wood, Mark Ruffalo and Tom Wilkinson. That's a pretty interesting combination. One the whole it's unique, it's interesting and it really is just a nice, clever film all around.

Acting/Characters:
Jim Carrey/Joel: This movie was messed up to watch when it came to this guy. Cause his really brief part in Simon Birch aside, this is the only time I've seen Jim Carrey be anything close to not trying to be funny so a huge collection of overacting at all. And I have to say, with this character, he did a pretty good job with it. I kind of want to see more.
Kate Winslet/Clementine: She was a fun character. I mean she was meant as a free-spirited kind of person but still.
Kristen Dunst/Mary: I did like her later in the film when he find out more about her and how she takes it.
Elijah Wood/Patrick: I didn't like his character considering how he was being rather despicable and in reality a sort of shy little wimp.

Music: The music was good. It was nicely done.

Editing: I thought it was good. I do think that the way they organized the order of what memories were being wiped out may seem off to some people but it was mostly just fine with me.

And that's my review for Eternal Sunshinse of the Spotless Mind. It was far from what I expected with giving me an interesting cast, a clever plot and just a movie I recommend altogether.   

No comments:

Post a Comment