Saturday, December 22, 2012

Kramer vs. Kramer (1979)

Rating:100%
Only three more review to go and I'll reach 400. So how about I talk about a much more deep and serious best picture winner like Kramer Vs. Kramer?

Plot: Ted Kramer is a workaholic who is working on a big deal at his job when his wife Joanna decided to leave him along with their son Billy. So Ted has to take care of Billy while trying to do his job. Eventually, this leads them to become closer together, but then Joanna comes back a while later deciding to want to take custody of Billy.

I wasn't exactly kidding when I said this film was deep. I mean the whole concept of having to raise a child on your own after your spouse leaves you out of the blue is obviously a really big deal. But how they do it in this film is pretty powerful. The relationship between Ted and Billy went off great. It was very believable and both actors did spectacular jobs in their roles. Meryl Streep did a good job too...but I didn't feel too convinced that she deserved to win best supporting actress. I mean she had some really good moments, but...I don't know, I didn't feel like it was enough to win per say. But that's just my highly biased opinion about that. And in any case, it's still dramatic, sad, happy at some points, and really deep and powerful all around. What else is there to say, except that Kramer Vs. Kramer is a really good film to enjoy, little to no doubt about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment