Friday, May 31, 2013

Thunderball (1965)

Rating: 75%
Film number four of the James Bond series, here's my review for Thunderball.

Plot: SPECTRE is once again up to no good as they hijack a NATO nuclear bomber bomber and hide the bombs inside holding a ransom of 100 million pounds before bombing a city. So it's up to James Bond to try to find the bombs by meeting the mistress of the villainous Emilio Largo and try to discover where he has hidden the bombs.

Okay this film falls into the decent category of the Bond films because while it still hold out in being James Bond, it isn't quite as well done as From Russia With Love and Goldfinger. I mean it has a good story...once you figure out what it is, and it has a good villain, and Sean Connery still does a great job being James Bond. But when I say the story is good one you figure it out, I really mean it's hard to figure out. Throughout the first hour ish or so of the movie, I had trouble understanding what was really happening. I mean I'll start to get it as it went on, but so much was done in a way that made most of it really confusing. There's also other people who found the underwater battle during the climax to have gone a little too long and...yeah as enjoyable as the battle was,  it did seem to keep on going for quite a while.

And that's my review for Thunderball. It's not one of the best Bond films, but it's still an enjoyable movie to watch with all its action, romance and young Sean Connery being awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment