Friday, May 3, 2013

Iron Man 3 (2013)

Rating: 90%
IRON MAN 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plot: After the events of The Avengers, Tony starts to have a lot of anxiety from the battle against the Chitauri and is starting to have doubts as to whether or not he can continue to protect Pepper. Meanwhile The Mandarin is bombing places and terrorizing America so Tony decides to stop him and...I'll just stop there.

Honestly I really enjoyed it. It was not exactly every single thing that I wanted out of this movie but for the most part I would say it's pretty close. The plot was more complex then I though and the pacing was really well done. They actually put so much into this movie that I'm kinda having a hard time believing it's only 2 hours and 10 minutes long, because it felt around 20-30 minutes longer then that with everything they gave us with this film. It's kind of something that I feel I should be careful about when it comes to watching this movie. It's basically like what Jeremy Jahns more or less said in his video review for this movie; it's not a film that you just watch without a care, it's more a film you have to watch if you truly want to get invested in it. The performances were just as you suspected them to be with Robert Downey Jr, Gweneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle. The performance on Mandarin...just wasn't what I hoped it would be. If you want to know more about why I feel this way, feel free to check it out on my spoiler video which I have a link to at the end of this review, but let's just say that if it wasn't for the rest of this movie, my faith in it almost crashed and burned because of Mandarin. And that's actually the sole thing about watching this movie for the first time because as much as I want to say otherwise, it's not necessarily for everybody. Because there's things about the Mandarin along with a couple of other things that divide everyone as to whether or not they liked the movie or hated it. So for big loyal fans of the comics especially, I do say that it's possible you might not like this movie as a result. It's not for sure - I mean I read the comics and I though the rest of the film made up for some of the big issues - but depending on how you take this movie, it's definitely possible.  But otherwise the film was very well done. It was dramatic, suspenseful, dark, even funny at a lot of points. In fact I'd say this is both the darkest and the funniest of the Iron Man movies. Sometime they do overdo it with the jokes, but otherwise they were very well done and they altogether made me laugh more then I thought this movie would. And this film is definitely the best in terms of showing what Iron Man really is in the comics. It is predictable and sometimes has a plot hole but they aren't a terribly big deal. And I'll finish with adding that it had really well done action and the last 15 minutes or so of the movie I personally liked.

And that's my review for Iron Man 3. It has certain things that makes it not for everyone, and it can be predictable and have a plot hole here and there. But on the whole, those issues are very minor when comparing with it's great plot, very well done drama, mostly well delivered comedy, and is dark in such a way that makes Iron Man 3 the closest out of all three movies to really hit the nail with how the comics are. It's the second of it's kind as far as being an actually good third superhero movie (with The Dark Knight Rises being the first), I'm most likely going to want it on Blue-Ray for Christmas, it's a great film to watch and I'm pretty glad that I finally saw it.

video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2lHRJaB7cY

spoiler video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GynmO9mcF24


No comments:

Post a Comment