Sunday, October 28, 2012

Madagascar (2005)

Rating: 60%
Okay so I recently decided that I wanted to take a look at the third Madagascar movie soon since it so surprisingly well at the box office, but then there's the fact that I have yet to review the first two movies. So here's my review for Madagascar.

Plot: Marty is a Zebra who lives in the Central Park Zoo with his best friend Alex the lion, Gloria the hippo and Melvin the giraffe. During his tenth birthday, Marty begins to dream that he goes to the wild. His friends think he's crazy and love their lives in the zoo. But then Marty escapes and his friends go after them but are captured and are sent off to be transferred. But while they're being shipped, a group of penguins from the zoo who are also being transferred take over the shop which results in the other animals falling off the ship and being washed ashore to Madagascar.

This was just an okay movie. The story is not all that original, but it manages to be entertaining to have some really cute (and sometimes clever) jokes, and characters that are a fair/okay amount of fun. The animation is okay, but I think they give... I don't want to say too much movement but with cases like Marty and Alex especially I feel like they're giving the characters too much energy and speed...i don't know if that makes sense to you guys but that how I feel.

Music: I enjoyed the soundtrack to this movie. I mean it has a fair lot of songs that everyone knows like "Chariots of Fire", "Stayin' Alive" and "What A Wonderful World". But what makes the soundtrack, and probably the whole film in general memorable in anyway is the films version of "I Like to Move It". I mean I've heard of a couple of other versions and they're...okay I guess, but it's this version  that really makes the song big, fun and very catchy. This version is just very enjoyable and...admittingly, Sacha Baron Cohen did a good job in really making this song more known.

And that's my review for Madagascar. It's not the most original animated film you'll ever see, but it at least gives us some nice characters, enjoyable comedy, and a soundtrack that has a version of the song that might be more memorable then the movie itself, that makes it an okay animated movie to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment