Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)

Rating: 95%
Ugh. I've been trying to get myself to watch this movie again and finally review it a couple of times by now. It wasn't until around when I saw my sister watching it when she got sick last week that I finally decided to do this. But enough about what kept me, let's get all my praises out of the way concerning Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Plot: Ferris Bueller is a senior in high school who fakes a sickness to ditch school and go embrace the day throughout much of Chicago with his best friend Cameron and his girlfriend Sloane. But while that is happening, Dean Edward Rooney is trying to catch Ferris ditching school so he can make him take another year of High School, while his jealous sister Jeanie is also trying to catch him as well to show to their parents who adore him, that he is not a perfect as they think he is.

Alright., what is there to say that hasn't been said? This is an awesome movie. It's clever, it's funny as heck, and the characters really pull off displaying the world that they live in, in a way that really makes it a memorable sort of coming-of-age film. I mean I may not have had the kind of high school experience that the characters experience, but for plenty of other people, I'm sure this movie for high schooler and former high schooler's alike is something they can relate to when it comes to the world of high school. Plus you also have to like the message that Ferris gives about life especially with how he felt about Cameron and all that, and also some of the cool things you see in his adventures with Cameron and Sloane like the Ferrari, and all the stuff that they saw in the Art Museum.

Actors/Characters:
Matthew Broderick/Ferris Bueller: He was a very enjoyable character. I mean he was funny, smart, and - as Cameron pointed out very well in the film - crazy. I mean you never know for sure what he's going to do and it often seems like he always knows what he's doing despite when things would get a little out of hand.
Alan Ruck/Cameron Frye: He was hilarious. I mean I still remember the first couple of times I saw this film and how much my siblings and I loved his impersonation of Sloane's dad which was just funny straight off the bat. *WARNING SPOILERS* Now I have heard that the story was originally going to be planned that everything that happened in the film turned out to be all in Cameron's mind or something like that. The people who told me that thought it would've been interesting, but in my honest opinion I thought that would've been really stupid. I don't think it would've turned out so well especially with the message in it (if they were going for that particular message even when they were considering this idea). And plus, I honestly think the world has enough of those kinds of stories with that kind of a twist with films like Fight Club and A Beautiful Mind. *END OF SPOILERS*


Music: The soundtrack to this movie is lovable. I mean it has all these lovable songs from back in the days of this movie that you have to love, most notably "Twist and Shout" from The Beatles and of coarse the moment when they played the main theme of Star Wars.

And that's my review for Ferris Bueller's Day Off. It's a clever and memorable comedy with a good message, relatable world and for many people, as kind of film that you want to watch again and again. Until the next review, this is H.A.K. saying SAVE FERRIS!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment