Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Terminator (1984)

Rating: 95%
Now reviewing this movie has been LONG overdue. So without further ado, here's my review of The Terminator.

Plot: In 2029, machines come to exterminate what is left of the human race after they bombed them in August 29th 1997. The human have a leader named John Conner who lead the humans close to victory. But while they were defeating the machines, the machines' intelligent network, Skynet sent a specific machine called a Terminator back to the time 1984 to kill Conner's mother, Sarah Conner. So John sends one of his solders, Kyle Reese to 1984 in order to protect his mother from The Terminator.

Now I became aware of the franchise itself by sometimes watching scenes from the second movie whenever my dad was using it to test out our brand new (at the time) DVD. But it wasn't until about late 2004 that my parents finally allowed us to watch the series starting with this movie. And it goes without saying that it's a darn good movie. The plot is creative, the effects are very well done considering that time, and the acting was good. Is it a match for the second movie? Not even close. But that doesn't change the fact that it's an awesome movie.

Acting/Characters:
Arnold Schwarzenegger/The Terminator: Arnold did an excellent job being the Terminator. His facial expression (with there generally being none), his movement, his voice, it worked very well in terms of giving us an idea that this is a menacing machine that looks like a human.
Linda Hamilton/Sarah Conner: She did will in displaying what Sarah Conner was before T2. With displaying this person that's given this mission even though she has no idea what to do but in the end she's pulls through.
Michael Biehn/Kyle Reese: He did a very good job with his role. Showing how much he tries to stay alive and keep Sarah safe despite the fact that he was human while Arnold...well...isn't.

Music: I love the Terminator theme. But my one issue is that some of the music was more 80's which I don't think really works. I mean I know this was in the 80's. But...yeah...but then again that's just me.

Editing: I liked the editing. There wasn't anything I found wrong with it so yeah.

And that's my review for The Terminator. It may not be the second movie, but it's still a very enjoyable film.

No comments:

Post a Comment