Sunday, April 8, 2012

The 400 Blows (1959)

Rating 100%
Here's another movie that I saw in my Development of Film Expression film. It's this french film called The 400 Blows. Not much else to say about it as an intro so let's get on with it.

Plot: Antoine Doinel is a 12 year old boy who is growing up in Paris. He is misunderstood by his parents, is tormented by his insensitive teacher, and this eventually leads him to steal his father's  typewriter in order to sell it and run away. but he is captured and sent to prison.

I know it's not saying a whole lot, but it's basically a very well done film. The cinematography, the editing, the acting, it's all been very well done. One thing that I particularly enjoy about being introduced to this film through my class, *WARNING SPOILER* is how I was aware...or that is to say, more aware of movies whose purpose is to just show what life is like in that particular time or occupation or all around world the characters live in. Which is where it's nice to be aware of that when it came to films like Ides of March. *END OF SPOILER* 

Acting/Character:
Jean-Pierre Léaud/Antoine Doinel: He did an excellent job with his character. He did well in portraying this boy who has gone through all these particular things in life.

Music: I actually don't remember a whole lot of the music. But I'm pretty sure it worked really well with this film.

Editing: The editing was very well done.

And that's my review for The 400 Blows. I know I didn't say a whole lot other then the fact that it was well done and a couple of other things, but maybe it's for the best that you find out for yourself if you haven't seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment