Monday, June 13, 2011

Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)

My Rating: 90%

A long time ago, after the remarkable movie that i still have yet to see, Gandhi...

And yet again we have waited another three years for the next Star Wars film after they left us hanging with that big twist and having Han frozen in carbonite and sent to Jabba the Hutt. So without further ado, let's finally finish my review to this memorable saga.

Plot: After rescuing Han from Jabba the hut, and Luke visits Yoda one last time, the Rebel Alliance prepares for an assault against the second Death Star while Luke prepares to confront Vader one last time.

I understand how people were not quite okay with this film with stuff like the Ewoks. But with all that aside, I thought this was a good way to end the series. They introduced some new things all the more, heck I thought it was a good change for a third movie for Luke's saber to be Green instead of blue. I mean i didn't have a problem with that change. Plus Palpatine was in it to come back as the real bad guy, the climax was good all around, as a kid I also liekd how when it came to the space battle, how some of the T.I.E. fighters where the kind Vader used during the first film. But as far as the added scene they put when the trilogy finally came out on DVD goes, I really thought their change for the very end was excellent. I mean it ends with them showing people celebrating the defeat of the empire all over the planets we know. Naboo, Tatooine, Bespin, and Corusant (and I have no idea who exactly did all of the sudden during the last one) and then Anakin's spirit is portrayed by Hayden Christensen. I mean we all knew he sucked, but as far as portraying Anakin in this updated version now that the saga is complete, I liked it. Plus I thought the music was a better 'it's finally all over after everything from all these 6 films' type of music to play than that "yub-dub" song or whatever that was.

Actors/Characters:
Mark Hamill: Did a good job portraying Luke one last time. I especially liked how Luke's much wiser and a bit more bad-a. i mean he can do Force-choke. that's sweet.
Harrison Ford/Han Solo: amusing for us all as usual. what more is there to say?
Carrie Fischer/Leia Organa:Same thing as Han. I know i'm not saying much with either one, but we all get the general idea so...


Music: for the hundredth time, it's John Williams. Plus like I said, the new version of the last song was much bett erthan the "yub-dub" one.

Action: it was good. but that I think about it after finally seeing "It's a Trap", it is rather silly that the Ewoks' arrows can totally go through Stormtrooper armor. I mean seriously.

Editing: Told the story just fine. No complains.


And that is my review for Return of the Jedi. It wasn't the best in the series anymore was it the worst, but in my opinion, I think it did just fine to close the book...in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment