Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Men (Battle Stripe) (1950)

My Rating: 80%

Well everyone, I am starting another quest. I'm doing enough movie quests already I know. I mean I"m still working on all the Transformers which will be done when i see the final film, and so far i've only reviewed 13 out the almost 51 Disney animated films. But it's time i get started on another one: watching and reviewing all 44 films with Marlon Brando. This will be a long journey, and I know I just reviewed The Godfather, but this is is where I am officially declaring that i'm on this quest which from now on will be done from first to last. So without further ado, let's start with my second review: The Men

Plot: Kenneth "Ken" Wilcheck gets shot in battle during World War II. He is hit in the lower back and is instantly declared a paraplegic for life. IN the hospital he is a sullen and resentful patient as he refuses to go through treatment and tries to avoid be seen by his fiancee because of his shame.

This was a nice film. I mean it doesn't blow you away, but it's still good. It can really get you when it comes to what Ken is going through.

Marlon Brando/Kenneth "Ken" Wilcheck: hmm. so that's what he looked like back in those days. no cotton balls and everything. XD But still. he did a pretty good job with his performance in this film.
Teresa Wright/Ellen 'Elly' Wilosek: She did a good job too. She may have bee stubborn, but she was pretty courageous too.

Music: eh, nothing special. I mainly say that because it generally was like any other music from that time.

Editing: it was good. It told the story just fine.

And that is my review for The Men. I know it's short, but it is a nice film. so that's 1/22 of the quest completed. I shall try to keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment