Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Despicable Me (2010)

My Rating: 20%

moan. I want this to be good. I wasn intrigued when it came to the first two trailers and then wanting to see it along with one of my best friends. But grrr. I did not lie what I found after waiting all that long.

Plot: Gru is a super villain who plans to steal the moon to make him stop-dog in the villain business after another villain steals the Great Pyramid of Giza. But when he asks for a loan from the Bank of Evil, they deny him because he doesn't have a shrink ray for it. he manages to get what but is stolen from another villain named Vector. He tries to get it back but Vector's fortress his heavily guarded. But when he sees a group of orphans get into the fortress no problem because they are selling cookies, he decides to adopt them so he could use them so he can steal the shrink ray while they sell the cookies.


the real problem is that this movie is so PREDICTABLE!!!!! You know exactly what is going to happen the moment he decides to adopt them. That is just so dumb. This film could have been fun without the girls. I mean yes it's nice as a far as a family-friendly but for me and for others, that just plain old kills me.

Characters:
Gru: he was okay. not hilarious but not wooden. Just enough to make him all the more family friendly for someone who is suppose to be evil. I mean I know I said I hate that but there's nothing wrong with the character at least hitting what he was aiming for. Plus he was voiced by Steve Carrel and I got no problem with that.
Margo, Edith and Agnes: Like I said, family friendly. there's nothing totally original about these girls. I mean Agnes was a little cute with her imagination but that's not really something original. Plus, they sort of support Gru stealing the moon just about the moment they know his plan. They don't even know him all that much and they they help. Seriously.
Vector: I think what ruined him for me was that I saw the first trailer of him. I had my hopes up from there and It went down along with the movie. because again, nothing original.

Music: The "Despicable Me" song was nice but there was nothing special about the score or anything like that regardless.

And that is my review for Despicable Me. I'm sure some of you guys will be shocked that I did not like it but this is how I really feel about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment