Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Hangover (2009)

My Rating: 40%

Well long story short as an intro, I saw this, and it generally wasn't my kind of movie.


Plot: To celebrate the upcoming marriage with his fiancee, Doug goes to Las Vegas with his friends Phil, Stu, and Alan for his bachelor party. But when they wake up the next morning, they have no memory of the following night with Stu losing a tooth, a baby and a tiger in their room, and Doug missing. So they travel all over Las Vegas retracing their steps.

I really didn't care for this movie. It's not that I really hated the story which was decent, or anything happened were I wanted to watch a really good movie or something so I could get it out of my head or anything, but it just wasn't funny. I don't know, maybe there was something I didn't notice or something but that's honestly how I felt.

Actors/Characters
Bradley Cooper/Phil: I don't know what to really say about his character. He did his part in being the one with the most sanity, and at least things worked out thanks to that.
Zach Galifianakis/Alan: I do not care for his character. I mean that does make sense because he's so Socially Awkward, but still, the way he thinks and what he all around does throughout the film was not an enjoyment for me.
Ed Helms/Stu: Stu I fairly enjoyed... really just because Helms is also Andy in The Office. But even then he did have a nice character. His personal part in the situation was a little nice. not funny, but nice.
Ken Jeong/Leslie Chow: well he was a really fricked up character. And that's even outside of knowing Jeong from the tv show Community.

Music: eh, I didn't pay attention to it. I heard a couple of song I knew which were nice, mostly whatever is the name of the song that goes "you spin my head right round, right round when you go down, when you go down now" but you know, whatever.

Editing: eh, it wasn't much. they did what they had to, to make sure the story was told, nuthun much aside from that.

And that's my review for The Hangover, it's not my kind of film so I was not entertained by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment