Saturday, November 3, 2012

Red Riding Hood (2011)

Rating: 35%
I've been wanting to see this movie and make fun of it for a while. I mean when I saw trailers for this, I knew that it was made as basically using the same formula as Twilight. So at last, here's my review for Red Riding Hood.

Plot: Valarie is a young girl who lives in a village in the middle of the forest that lives in fear of a werewolf. She falls in love if her childhood sweetheart Peter, but her mother arranges her to be married to the blacksmith's son Adrian. One night, the werewolf attacks and kills Valarie's sister Lucy. So the village eventually decides to summon Father Solomon for his help to slay the werewolf.

Okay to the film's credit, it doesn't focus on the Twilight formula as I thought. That is to say, I for one thought that this movie was going to practically show the whole Twilight-like love triangle all over our faces almost just as much as Twilight itself does. But surprisingly it doesn't. In fact the love triangle is not really all that big to be in my opinion. Which is something that I'm okay with considering I thought that was something that was really going to make this film plop the way it did. But that doesn't change the fact that is still plopped. The romance aside, it still gives us a fair share of cliches and a couple of things that don't really make a whole lot of sense that is what really makes this film bad. Some twists or certain parts of the story I liked, but not enough to say that this turned out to be close to a good film. That said, it also sucks that Gary Oldman is in this film because of that.

And that's my review for Red Riding Hood. It may not focus on the Twilight formula romance wise as I thought and it has a couple of part in the films that I liked. But it's still full of cliches and a bunch of really things that are just off that make it a plain old bad movie through and through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment