Friday, November 16, 2012

Wreck-It Ralph (2012)

Rating: 85%
Well I'm not going to do a video review for this because I've delayed in making one for so long since I say it because I was a little busy over the past couple of weeks. But anyway, here's finally my review for Wreck-It Ralph.

Plot: Wreck-It Ralph is the bad guy in an arcade game called Fix-It Felix, who become tired of his life of being a bad guy and being hated all of the time. So he goes from game to game to try to change who he is by trying to get a medal and become a hero.

Now this film I had little confidence but at the same time really, really, really, really, really, really wanted it to be good. I mean it's basically a video game version of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. And even then I wanted it to be good because I wanted Disney to keep giving us decent to good movies again that I believe they've managed to do so far ever since Meet The Robinsons. As it turns out, that's just what I got. It's a good enjoyable movie. The structure wasn't too original but even with that, the story was clever, the characters were good (better then I expected at some times.) There's a whole bunch of video games and also candy jokes that were fun to watch. And the animation is just awesome.   I mean with the Sugar Rush and Hero's Duty worlds were just beautifully done and really worked in terms of making these games more like the modern ones we know today. But the real issue is that it's not as big as I thought when it came to giving us actual characters from actual video games. They just weren't there as often as I thought they would be. But it works at the same time because that means that they were going to go more into their own thing. In the end, it's a well done movie that is a lot of fun, fine movie to be among Walt Disney Animation Studios' many theatrical animated films and is likely to be the best animated film of the year. And with that said I say here's hoping that with this film, Disney will finally have an oscar for best full-length animated film that's try got all by themselves and not because of Pixar. Also I just want to say that the short film that they play was really good to. If not for the story, then more the beautiful animation.

Characters:
Wreck-It Ralph: Now as far as the general structure of his journey, Ralph was a little bland. But luckily he did get a little better as the movie went on and he began to really know what he really wants and stuff like that.
Vanellope: This character shouldn't have worked, but she did. When I say this, I refer to how she was annoying in the trailer and she was proving me right at first that she was going to be that way throughout the film, but surprisingly as the film went on, the character was getting developed more and because of it, I started to take her much more seriously and ended up having a little fun watching her and ended up caring for her a lot more then I thought I would. So she may not be perfect since she can still be annoying, but as the film progressed she became a likable character anyway.
Fix-It Felix Jr. and Sergeant Calhoun: They were really fun as the supporting characters. Fix-It Felix Jr. was so happy and optimistic and I'm jealous that he has that golden hammer considering how powerful it is. That hammer has to be every guy's dream to have. I mean is something breaks down, you can just hit it with it and it's fine. I know my dad would love to have that for our van and microwave right about now. Calhoun was just such a bad-a and you have to like how her back story was told.

Music: I enjoyed the soundtrack easily. It was just so deep and creative and just really worked with the whole story being about these whole video game worlds. And the song "When Can I See You Again" from the end credits is fun yet catchy as frick.

And that's my review for Wreck-It Ralph, the structure of the story is not perfect, but it's still a very fun, creative, funny and altogether enjoyable film, easily the best animated film this year, lock, stock and barrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment