Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 (2012)

Rating: 60%
FINALLY WE REACH THE END OF THIS HORRID FRANCHISE!!!! So with that said, let's get this review out of the way and move on with our lives.

Plot: Alright so to cut to the chase with the plot, Bella is finally a vampire, and things are looking like she and Edward are going to live happily ever after with their new born daughter, Renesmee despite the face that she grows everyday. But when the Cullen's vampire cousin Irina sees Renesmee and thinks that she's an immortal child, she comes to the Volturi claiming that the Cullens made one giving Alice a vision that the Volturi are coming to kill them. So they try to gather a bunch of other vampires all over the world to try to make as stand as witnesses and try to convince the Volturi that Renesmee isn't dangerous.

This movie actually succeeded where Eclipse did not in actually being a decent movie. With Eclipse, they were actually trying to be good with actual action and some nice comedy (especially with the guy that plays Charlie) and stuff like that, but the usual lack of energy and actual acting that Twilight provides kept me from giving it a 60% at least. But with this film, we get some really nice action and comedy and - dare I say it - the acting in some points was better. Well when I say better I mean that with some cases like Robert Patterson and Peter Facinelli, things kind of went a little similar to how Christian Bale was as Bruce Wayne in The Dark Knight Rises. Meaning that like Bale in that film, the way they were talking was at least louder and clearer. Except for Michael Sheen, I thought he was kind of weird during some of his acting. But after that the acting was still everyone else being expressionless - especially with Lautner and Stewart with smiling one time while being their expressionless elves the rest of the time. And a lot of the scenes that all go before facing the Volturi dragged a little bit. But what really kills this movie from being anything outside of just decent is the ending. I'm going to write a separate paragraph about it to explain to those who have seen the film, but if you haven't, just know that that what they did just pissed me off and ruined the films chance of actually turning out to be an actually good movie.

Okay so why I hated the ending? Because the thing is, I hated the Volturi. I mean one of the few things the books succeeded in doing when it comes to making you have a certain view to any of the characters, was hating the Volturi. I just hated how they were these evil, cruel, heartless guys that were being the 'police' for the world of these vampires. So when I read the book to Breaking Dawn, I thought it was stupid that they were still around as part of the end of the series. So when all the trailers and some rumors were going around that they were going to change the ending and I was hoping that they would cause... yeah, while it makes sense from them to live because of how they're still the law and everything...it just feels more right to me that they would end it with them destroying the Volturi to me. And they made me think that they actually did right until they made the twist revealing that it's all a vision from Alice. And that pissed me off not entirely because it seemed like they were going to do it so much as how they were supposedly doing it. I mean Aro killing Carlisle was a big moment. And then the fighting starts and they kill Jasper, Lilly and Seth for more drama and they finally kill Aro. That whole thing was really well done. I mean the whole time I felt my heart racing both because of the action and them killing the Volturi but also due to still being in shock with those characters getting killed. But then we find out that it was all in Alice's vision. I mean while everyone else in the theater was sighing in relief, I was just being so. freaking. angry. I mean I went home after the movie grumbling about what happened. I know that if they actually went that way, a lot of fans would be pissed more then I am and all of that, especially with killing all those characters. I get that. I really do. I mean even if they did do that, I would be bummed anyway because of Jasper and Carlisle because those two are one of the few characters I actually really liked from this franchise. But as a film, they could've made it something really worthy to the point were this movie could actually been good in my opinion. I know close to no one's going to agree with me, but that's how I feel. But I digress in any case since it doesn't matter now that we're finally done with this franchise.

And that's my review for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2. We still get the crap that we normally hate about Twilight, but at least the action and comedy was enjoyable and the acting improved VERY slightly in some cases. And I know that there'll probably be some reboots and all that, but until then, this particular film series is over. WE'RE FREE!!!!!! And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to head off to the bad and drink all of my memories of Twilight away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment