Thursday, November 1, 2012

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (1966)

Rating: 100%
I know that long before I have begun really writing for this review Halloween is over, but I still have a couple of movies that I've watched during and post-Halloween that I have to review. So here's my review for It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

Plot: Charlie Brown and Snoopy and the gang are getting ready for Halloween. Sally intended to celebrate Halloween with the gang, but Linus is waiting for the Great Pumpkin whom he believes that will come to the pumpkin patch to give toys to all the little children. So Sally decides to wait for the Great Pumpkin for Linus while the rest of the gang goes trick-or-treating. Meanwhile, Snoopy goes to face the Red Baron with his doghouse (or Sopwith Camel).

How can I not give this film a 100%? I mean it's freaking Peanuts. It's the one that everyone knows it seems, and why not? It's a lovable short film with all of your favorite characters from the memorable comics giving us a very unique Halloween story. Plus I think part of what also makes this Peanuts short a little more memorable then most is that it has a lot of memorable things from the comics. Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin, Snoopy with his Sopwith Camel, Charlie Brown trying to kick the football from Lucy, Schroeder with his piano, you get the idea. Oh and naturally this Peanuts special is not complete without the jazz piano song "Linus and Lucy" (that one song that's kind of the theme song for Peanuts. Yeah I know, I don't want to remember it by that title either) I mean the only possible down is Charlie Brown with getting rocks (what set of jerks does that?) 

And that's my review for It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. It's a lovable, memorable Halloween special that is easily a perfect movie to watch on Halloween and a film to enjoy for everyone who loves Peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment