Monday, January 7, 2013

Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella (1997)

Rating: 30%
Okay so here's the thing, during the last few months of the 8th grade our choir class put up a production of Cinderella that was a rough, adapted version of this movie. I say rough as in it had the story and music (duh) but they did have the characters and dialogue very differently. Before that I remember seeing this movie only once when I was a kid...maybe a year or two after it came out. So I recently decided to see it again and review what I thought about it.

Plot: ... I don't need to tell you the plot! It's fricking Cinderella!

Yeah this really isn't much. It's all colorful and cheesy that you may like if you're a kid or grew up with this as a kid, but it's not much aside from that. I think what really stands out are some of the songs because some of them are in fact rather memorable like The Prince Is Giving A Ball (roughly), In My Own Little Corner, Impossible and Stepsisters' Lament. Most of those songs I remembered long before I was in that 8th grade play. And while the acting was hardly the greatest I've ever seen, I did kind of like Whoopi Goldberg and Victor Garber being in the movie. But otherwise, it's a colorful and cheesy film that you might enjoy just because Cinderella's one of your favorite story or because of the songs or something like that, but otherwise is better off remembering that it's a tv movie then anything else.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment