Friday, January 11, 2013

Chronicle (2012)

Rating: 90%
Alright so this is the second film my family rented and watched when we were waiting for it to almost be the new year. So here's my review for Chronicle.

Plot: Andrew is a high school student who has recently started to videotape his life. One night his cousin Matt takes him to a party where the popular student Steve drags them to a hole in the woods to video tape. Inside the hole, they find a large glowing blue crystalline object that causes them to get super powers.

Okay so I know some of my friends from film school will be glad to know I finally watched this movie. Cause when it was coming out I remember how they were so excited and that some of them event went to a midnight showing and they all found it to be one of the coolest movies ever. And it roughly shows why they would say that very well. Chronicle was very smart with displaying how these characters should react to having these powers. In fact, it was one of those films that make you wish you did have super powers. Because when they would move things...aw who am I kidding. When they fricking FLY, it makes that ability look super fun again and makes us wish we could do that. (because we don't always feel that way with super powers like that anymore, let's face it) It also has some very cute jokes - some of which my brothers were ever reciting a little after we finished seeing this film. But what they did during the second half of the film was very clever and also very fascinating. I won't say what happened naturally, but if you haven't seen this film, I'd recommend you see it at least for the second half just for what they do with the characters.

And that's my review for Chronicle. It brought us a realistic take of teenagers getting super powers with cute jokes and fun scenes and ended with a smart and interesting second half that doesn't exactly make it Oscar bait, but is and enjoyable movie that makes it little wonder that people like my friends from film school enjoyed the film so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment