Thursday, May 19, 2011

Jaws (1975)

My Rating: 100%

Ah yes. this film. I remember hearing about it and then seeing most of it a long time ago. it was actually only a few hours ago that i fully saw the film. So now that's all taken care of, it's time to write my review for this memorable film, Jaws.

Plot: In a fictional place in New England called Amity Island, new police chief Martin Brody is informed of a woman gone missing when she went skinny dipping the night before. the police find her body mutilated and the medical examiner said it was a shark attack. Brody attempts to close the beach but is overruled by the mayor because the beach in the summer is the main tourist income of the island. Later a dog and a boy is eaten by a shark and the boy's mother places a bounty which results in Brody going after the shark along with a shark hunter named Quint and a marine biologist named Matt Hooper.

I do think it's the music that made really made this a good movie. that and all of the suspense in the climax. Now i actually did enjoy this film...but the story during most of it I didn't care for too much. mostly on how it was too much like any other movie where there is a killer or sorts about. It's the same thing until the rest of the film is about going after it. I mean they do have a guy that ignores the situation or does something that makes matters worse for heaven sakes. But not even that stopped this from being entertaining.


Actors/Characters:
Roy Scheider/Martin Brody: I liked him right away just on account of how unlike the mayor he made major sense. I mean what he does later on I also enjoyed but all around I enjoyed him just for being the first person in the movie to actually have some brains over the matter.
Robert Shaw/Quint: So far the only other movie I know with Robert Shaw was in The Sting. And here we was a nice character. I mean someone had to be the complete sailor in the expedition, and he did his part just fine.
Richard Dreyfuss/Matt Hooper: I liked his character. He was fun to watch. The funny thing about Hooper when it came to how he would often argue with Quint, is how the actor use to argue a lot on set so they ended up using that when they were shooting. So yeah. How about that.


Music:It was the theme song to Jaws and it was written by John Williams. What more do you want me to say?

Editing: It was good. It told the story, everything was seen clearly. nuff said.

And that is my review for Jaws. I know there are three more films but I know they all suck. so please remember to pity me if I ever write a review for them after actually seeing them for whatever reason. much appreciated if you do. but I don't think I will so there you go. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment