Saturday, August 25, 2012

Twilight (2008)





Rating: 35%
Well this movie is the only Twilight film I have yet to review. So with the last one coming, it's time that I get this little bugger out of the way. So here's my review for Twilight.

Plot: Bella is a 17 year old girl who use to live with her mother and her step-father in Phoenix, Arizona, but has just moved to Forks, Washington with her father, Charlie. On her first day of school she meets a boy named Edward who acts strangely to her and tries to stay away from her. But after he rescuers her from a van that almost hit her my stopping it with his bare hands, she researches about how he could do it even though he denies it and eventually begins to realize that he is a vampire.

Well it's a Twilight movie, so naturally it's bad, but this one...is sort of acceptable if  you've read the book. I mean the acting from the cast was generally terrible (in fact I think it was really just the supportive cast such as charlie and the kids at school that were actually acting for the most part), it was way too quite and slow which made it boring most of the way, the effects for the vampires were awful (I mean seriously, vampires are suppose to be like as fast as Neo from the Matrix from whenever he would fly, and be like really bright when sparkling or something like that) and really the color and the atmosphere of almost the entire movie was just dull through and through. But if you've read the book you can kind of appreciate most of the loyalty the movie has to it. I mean personally, I thought the first book was a little enjoyable even though it was still ridiculous as heck (being Twilight and all) and while this movie hardly brought the entire book to life even with scenes like the baseball game, it...still works in a way. But again, that's only if you've read the book and thought it was roughly enjoyable like I did.

Actors/Characters:
Kristen Stewart/Bella Swan: Okay so obviously, she was bad. I mean she did pull off something of actual emotions from time to time but other then that she was expressionless, she was roughly taking in the same old tone, and...well since it's Stewart as Bella, you know the rest.
Robert Patterson/Edward Cullen: Well he was the same as Stewart but he had a little more effort into it. I mean he did give us the times where Edward would give a small smile over something Bella said and he didn't do too bad when it came to trying to avoid attacking Bella and drinking he blood and stuff like that. So he was bad but he was better then Stewart.

Music: now most of it is very dull and quite, but I will say that I do like the song that Edward was playing to Bella on his piano, it just a decent pleasant melody.

Editing: Most of it is pretty slow and when it comes to even the most exciting scenes, some of it was big suspenseful quick cuts for suspense but the rest of the time it was really just a lot of slow motion shots and that was it.

And that's my review for Twilight. It has it's points for loyalty to the book at some particular areas, and not all of the acting was terrible the way we all know it, but it's still a bad movie just the way we all know it is. 

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely hated this. I mean, i've seen worse films, but this was pretty terrible. Good review

    ReplyDelete