Friday, November 25, 2011

The Three Caballeros (1944)

My Rating: 50%

To answer your question as to whether or not this is a sequel to Saludos Amigos, it isn't. Though I agree that in a way it feels like it is. I mean it's roughly taking off where they left off from that film with telling stories about other countries and Donald's time with his friend Jose. But apparently it's not a sequel. So now that we have that pointed out, let's get on with Disney review # 21: The Three Caballeros

Plot; It's Donald Duck's Birthday and he's been given a whole bunch of presents that each start with a story. As the film goes on, we once again meet José Carioca and come across a new character named Panchito Pistoles and so the trio forms the Three Caballeros.

Now this one I didn't really care for. It's not that it was a really bad movie despite that I'm giving it a  50%. But it's just that like Saludos Amigos, it's not really my kind of film. Which made it - for the most part - boring. A lot of the stories where okay and it was still a little interesting in terms of how they intend to educate us. I do personally like watching Donald and his friends actually forming the Three Caballeros because I wondered what it was all about with there being something about Donald hanging out with two other birds wearing sombreros. But what I really hated was the very end was right after Donald gets kissed a bunch of times, the rest of the movies is nothing but a sort of "the Pink Elephants on Parade"  moment or a mind f*ck moment that mostly are all these weird scenes and stuff that usually have to do with Donald having to chase some chick that's appearing in whatever scene is coming up. I really didn't like because it was boring and it did sorta mess with my head which is the point to a mind f*ck but still. 

Music: I really didn't care for anything aside from the actual song The Three Caballeros.

And that's my review for The Three Caballeros. It's not a really bad movie, I mean if you do like it, that's excellent, but considering that it's not my kind of film like Saludos Amigos and adding to the mind f*ck at the end, it's no Disney movie I would ever want to see again.

2 comments: